Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tibes 2 vs voodoo

Options
  • 21-05-2001 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

you heard it, if any voodoo users are complaining about tribes II running like a smelly sock on their pc there is a solution. WickedGL have come back with beta drivers which support Tribes2. you can get the 2.99 beta drivers here

nice

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Voodoo's dead. Just no one will admit it.

I don't see why I have to put up with fog just because some plonk can't update a 3 year old outdated POS. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

(that should really say tribes 2 vs voodoo)

there is nothing wrong with voodoo cards, dont be a mean ba$tard hobbes. i thought the good news would cheer you up at the prospect of new tribes2 players.

what is POS anyway?

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

Thanks adnans, me shall have to see if they help.

Miaow.

Lucy la morte.

They make all the colours of buildings and people go messed up like tv noise colours frown.gif

Miaow.

Lucy la morte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Yer the fog does seem a tad excessive on some levels. Voodoo cards are miles out of date at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

POS = piece of shít

what gfx card you have lucy?

i used the drivers last night and they seemed to make everything smoother and runable. i still need to mess around with the settings but i think ill get the perfect fps and start training to play online.

adnans

I think it is a Voodoo 3 3000 adnans.

Miaow.

Lucy la morte.

try not to use palettized textures in settings > textures as sometimes it may mess it up. if that still doesnt work you can try tweaking your card, for info click here

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

WH000000TTTTTTTttttttttt.........

GGGGGGGoooooooooo.........

Ge Force2 :P

• Advertisement

Yeah that fixed it adnans, thanks. Runs pretty damn smooth now! One problem though, every few minutes my machine locks up for a few seconds and the hard drive goes bonkers, anything I can do to stop it doing this? Quite annoying when you've just picked up the flag and this happens.

Miaow.

Lucy la morte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That could be FindFast, a MS prog that indexes your hard drive periodically. On one of my old PCs Quake2 would run fine for a few minutes, then start chugging every ten seconds or so whilst the hard drive thrashed away.

Go to Control Panel, you can disable it from there.

Where can I disable that in Control Panel (W2K). It doesn't do it on any other game I play...

Miaow.

Lucy la morte.

Advertisement