Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs-Pool (contains scores)

• 14-08-2004 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

1-1 with 15 minutes to go.

Cisse goal in the 1st half, Defoe in the 2nd.

8 Prem debutants started, 6 for Spurs and 2 for the Pool, so understandably neither side has set the game alight. Still, not a bad match at all.

Naybet looks tasty by the way, better than his replacement the Ginger Pele...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

FSP needs to watch himself....

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mike65 wrote:
    FSP needs to watch himself....

Mike.

True, he's been a silly boy so far.

Ifil hasn't done himself any favours either, should have been a 1st half peno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So whats the story with Cisse? I'll be interested to hear Rafa rationale for pulling him off.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Quality finish by Defoe 1-1 a fair result, Spurs finished the stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Baros and Cisse come off and FSP comes on!! I think Rafa needs to look at his players a bit closer. FSP was crap and a little OTT, Liverpool need another striker. Looks like Beatie is leaving Southampton hopefully for Villa but if I was Rafa I'd be signing him quick. A draw was a fair result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

'Gwan the Spurs. Thought we were screwed there for a while. I'll savour this for an hour or so now. Joint first in the league. :)

The draw was a fair result, but I couldn't understand what Rafa what at. Liverpool looked far more dangerous than Spurs when they had their first choice pairing on the pitch, once they were off Spurs finished stronger.

Defoe's finish was smashing, and he had a great game throughout. Worked his socks off. Were you watching SGE? Imagine if he'd come on against Portugal in Euro 2004...

Marq wrote:
    'Gwan the Spurs. Thought we were screwed there for a while. I'll savour this for an hour or so now. Joint first in the league. :)

LOL.

I knew Santini would get us into the champions league places...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Was listening to it as im at work. Glad to hear Cisse got his first for the club. According to the commentator dudek got beatn very easily at his post for the equaliser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well they say a keeper should never get beaten at his near post, but I wouldn't blaim Dudek there was some bad defending and it was a good turn and strike by Defoe as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Shame that the pool did not go for it at 1-0, thought that while they were in the ascendancy they should have tried a little harder. Do think that Gerrarard should have been given a penalty but was prob his own fault for making a bit of a meal of it. Once DC came off (Rafa said that he was tired.) Spurs came into it a bit more and comitted a few more forward. Fair result and JD did take his goal well, defence were poor for it but well stuck away all the same.

Advertisement