Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCP/IP issue

Options
  • 14-08-2004 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

OK, heres the scenario

i have 2 systems, both win2k

one fo them will connect to internet through cable modem, other wont.

i have discovered in fac tthat the one that wont connect seems to have a bit of trouble with tcp/ip in general.

in fact, not only wont it conenct to he internet, i cannot ping my other system, or anywhere outside, however, it will do a self test.

so, inother words, i have one system, that has tcp/ip installed, and yet, will not connect outside of itself. it is not a cable issue, but it knows when it is connected to my cable modem, or my router in fact. it just will not recognise anything outside of the system.

my other system on the other hand,m will ping anywhere, can see, but not access my second system on a peer to peer lan, and willaccess the internet through the cable modem.

i have tried, a reinstall, deletion of various tcp/ip value is regedit, i have uninstalled and reinstalled tcp/ip and my network card.
    i have even moved the pci port my network card is on.

does anyone have any ideas, because i really need to connect my system up and allow it to use interenet sharing. and until i can get it to use tcp ip properly, its not going to work...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Try swapping the NICs, just to rule out possible hardware problems?
    Has the problematic machine always been problematic or did this suddenly start?

Bit of an odd one alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i orginsally thought it was a problem like this one
    http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=177979

will post again tomorrow. stupid machine just wiped my post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭james1234

What are your TCP/Ip settings on both machines?

Copy the results of ipconfig /all run from a command prompt from both machines into this thread.

Takin a look at that might help diagnose the cause of the issue.

Advertisement