Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD and their complete and utter ineptitude with giving results

Options
  • 14-08-2004 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw on the SIS Student Web deely that my repeat exams results are out on the 15th of September. Term starts on the 16th. WTF??

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

What's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

They usually come out a few days beforehand, did last year anyway. (I'm a veteran of repeats now!) I remember last year I was back in college going to lectures without even having paid my registration fee cos they hadn't gotten the form out to me. They do seem to leave stuff very close to the start of term...How are the repeats going with everyone? I'm half way through now 2 down and two to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Going OK so far, 6 down 4 to go in the endurance test that is UCD 2nd science repeats. I've probably passed maths (just about, reckon I got 45-ish) and if tomorrow goes well and I pass stats I can practically guarantee I'll be in 3rd year. Most likely single honours maths physics, a little change from the intended...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

At least you're getting them before the college year officially starts. In NUIG repeat examination results come out a few weeks after the year has officially started and the course registration sessions have ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its similar in Carlow IT. Fortunately I didn't fail anything this year, but for the last couple of years the results were not available until the day before college resumed. When you have to rent accommodation and stuff without knowing if you've actually passed or failed it really sucks balls.

• Advertisement

Ah dear, I'm just after doing really badly in one of my repeats, think I failed so third year again for me :( Our lecturer changed the style of the paper completly and caught us all off guard. Its so annoying though - how can you understand a subject much better than you did for the Summer, and then end up doing worse in it?

*hugs*
    I'm sure you'll be ok. It's just Murphy's Law. The paper I've got on Monday morning shafted a lot of people in the summer, so I'm kinda worried...
    8 down, 2 to go, finished 4.15pm Monday! \o/

Yeah hopefully anyway, I'm also finished but at 1130. :D Don't worry too much about the paper, if he made the Summer one really dificult, he'll probably leave the Autumn one as it is. Good luck in it!

Good luck to you too on monday. Was just looking at this guy's old exam papers, and he'd never set anything as hard as the summer paper. So hopefully it'll be ok. And I worked out I only need 25% in it to pass stats so I'm happy for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, UCD do appear to be sh'te at givin out results, but what can ya do?
    Mine will be on SIS before the 13th... Hopefully...

2nd yr Arts is the prizeif i passed... Pretty sh'tty prize innit?! ;o)

Still, can't be any worse than last yr

• Advertisement

Try going up to your department. I went up last week to ask my course coordinator about a possible change and he gave me the results. :D I passed the repeats and qualified for honours in all 3 subjects.
    *insert happy kirby here*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

rainbow kirby, are you in an IT or a Univ?

I'm in UCD.

Well done, and enjoy 3rd year! Just about got through myself - got 30% in one of my subjects, but I was sure I was going to be repeating the year so I'm delighted! I was soo sure I was repeating that I had my mum fully prepared for it, telling her there was no chance I'd passed. Then when i told her today I had she was so happy she started hyperventalating and couldn't breathe! I'm really looking forward to going back now that I'm in 4th :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

so what is the story with going back? i'm going into second year arts and apparently i have a poxy Canterbury Tales lecture at 9am on the 16th.
    is that the *first* first day or do we have to go in beforehand to get those manky looking student cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

You're doing the same course as my gf... She went to that lecture, and then on the saturday buggered off to Gran Canaria for a week!!! Genius, wish I'd thought of that... That's why she's wit me, so she has someone who can take notes in History for her when she returns - Come to think of it, on that basis she's probably got some bloke in English to do the same!!! DAMMIT! :D

Advertisement