Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Gone tits up in the last two weeks

• 14-08-2004 4:57pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Just thought i would ask this question:

I am on Eircom 512radsl never had a loose of connection in over a year of having it. But in the last week i loose my connection every thirty minutes. Now two things have changed for me.

1) Installed XP SP2
    2) Have been downloading a lot of stuff i have a 4gb cab and i am most likely up to 8gigs in the month.

Do you think this could cause my problems ummm.

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I reckon it's fairly unlikely it has anything to do with sp2 and I'm almost sure it's nothing to do with the cap. Have you noticed any more noise on the phone line since this has started? Did you upgrade dsl router firmware or anything like recently? Is it exactly thirty minutes each time, or is that a rough estimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

It could indeed be a problem with installing SP2. Sp2 now restricts the concurrent TCP connections to 10 (it was unlimited before). This is an attempt to stop viruses and zombie computers from doing so much damage.

Goto: http://www.lvllord.de/4226fix/4226fix.htm for a fix that resets this feature back to the old style (unlimited connections).

Advertisement