Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

v525 (vodafone) unlocking question

• 11-08-2004 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I just got a Motorola V525 locked to Vodafone/087 (only network selling it AFAIK) - I got the unlock code through a friend who's good with phones (thanks :) you know who you are) but when I turn it off, take out the SIM and turn it back on I can't input the code I can only dial 999.

Does anyone know how I can input the code?
    The usual way doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I'm just being thick about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

The code was gotton from the IMEI on this particular phone I'm trying to unlock. It just won't let me input it basically.

Anyone had any probs like this before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

PM me your mobile number. I know a guy who is close to you who can unlock it.

blah blah blah

wierd.

now it looks like I was answering myself to some unknown question.

odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, the original post (referring to a commercial enterprise which previously posted here linking to their services) was moved off this forum, unless a commercial reference is relevant in the context of the thread it is investigated, and in this case it was removed

thanks

blah blah blah

fair enough really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

I know exactly what the problem is. It won't prompt you for the code unless you try to put in a sim from another network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Is there a way to determine the subsidy (unlocking) password based on the IMEI of a motorola v525?

I'm looking to unlock it to use with an 02 SIM.

Thanks,

RE*AC*TOR

*edit* nevermind just rang them - unlocked it for me...

• Advertisement
Advertisement