Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfe tones: Traditional music or Traditional Crap?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I quite like them to be honest. Wouldn't judge them based on their fanbase mind. Not my preference when it comes to this genre however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

My ex was a big fan of the Wolfe Tones, but they're not my cup of tea. I just don't like that style of music, so it's nothing to do with the content of their music, or the fact that i'm English.

However, I remember reading a letter from a lady in America who was home schooling her daughter, and using Wolfe Tone's music to teach her about Irish history.
    Whereas i'm sure that their music is culturally important, i doubt very much that they're a valid educational tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Although they're not to everybody's taste, Brian Warfield has written some good songs in his time (even aside from their better known 'RA songs), and he is clearly a talented man/businessman. The **** they have released since they 'split up' has to be heard to be believed - out of sync Dance Mixes - rapih! They also do 'the cause' no favours in the way they present their show, but I doubt they actually care! They're laughing all the way to the bank!!

So summing it up, they should have called it a day 15 years ago.. Not a fan.

Advertisement