Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Printing

Options
  • 14-08-2004 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi

Using Netopia Wireless router - okay, does the job, have an old lap top connected via EtherNet and main lap top connected via a WiFi card on the main laptop.

My question is how do I set up the "old lap top" as a printer server ?
    Second question is it possible to share files between the two machines ?

Thanks for any ideas

Von Walk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

What Operating System is on the old laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to.. windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 vinvon

Both machines running Windows 2000.

btw moderator - dispute the move to the windows forum - this has relevance to all home wifi users and will get overlooked in the windows forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

vinvon wrote:
    Both machines running Windows 2000.
    Then all you need to do is install the printer as normal on the old laptop. Then set up your network. I'm not sure of the exact steps for Win2K (never used it - could talk you through 9x or XP though) but google for Windows 2000 home network should get you some nice guides. This looks decent.
    vinvon wrote:
    btw moderator - dispute the move to the windows forum - this has relevance to all home wifi users and will get overlooked in the windows forum.

Then it should either be here, in Nets/Comms or Wireless. But, given that your question is to do with configuring Windows, and not with the hardware aspects of your network, this is probably the right place for it. :)

Advertisement