Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

having probs accessing utv newsgroups

Options
  • 14-08-2004 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

getting unable to connect to server messages. I did have a problem earlier today where my host file was deleted by adaware.

I have reset host file from the 386 folder in windows. but am wondering could this be the problem with the newsgroups?

tks

Neonitrix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It can be a bit "spotty" but I've accessed the newsgroup utv.support a few times this evening without problem.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

still cant access any of u.tv websites or newsgroups getting : [url]http:///? www.u.tv[/url] in explorer and The page cannot be displayed.

I cant think of why this is happening unless when you join utv they add an entry to the hosts file or something.

any ideas?

Neonitrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

try another broswer? www.opera.com

Mike.

Advertisement