Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

give me info about battlefield vietnam

Options
  • 15-08-2004 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭

i just ordered a copy of btv but have never seen a good review of it, all i know is that u can kill peopel fly planes tanks etc and play multiplayer, tell me if i can use my headset with it and othe such features and if i have to download any patch when i first get btv....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Well the game itself has been designed with one thing in mind... multiplayer. So if you dont have broadband you'll find that this game runs out of juice pretty soon. Sure you can play with Bots, but there level of AI is very poor, and nothing compares to playing with other people. On Each map there are two sides the US and the NVA. Each side will fight to try to capture and control different spawn points on the map until the other sides tickets run out. And yes there are a wealth of vehicles at your desposal, including helicopters, tanks, APC's, jeeps, patrol boats...etc. Its a damn fine game, but to really enjoy it you'll need broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Actually there are a number of people who play the game on dial-up and have done so quite successfully, its like any multiplayer game though. The bigger your connection the less lag related issues you will have.

Be warned though the patchs (and mods) are pretty big, but for those among us who are connectivityly challenged CD's are sent out on patch releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

oh cool that sounds great, thanks guys, i live in dingle co.kerry and i dunno when braodband but it should be soon enough i hope..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

i live in dingle co.kerry and i dunno when braodband but it should be soon enough i hope..

yeah, broadband was gonna be nationwide soon because of the decentralisation project but who knows if that will go ahead

like some other people said, plenty of people play with a dial up and there are a few 'near' enough servers to keep that ping low enough so you should be grand (problem is paying for an hour download)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

That download can cost the price of a stamp if you get someone to mail the patch CD to you and are willing to post it onwards to the next person.

• Advertisement

how big is the patch? if its over 30mb can somebody send it to me and ill send it back or send to someone else..

Its around 150Mb+? I dont know exactly how big it is. Im on Dial-up meself, but cant be arsed to play with a 300 ping. Dataisgod, usually voulenteers to burn the patches for you. Ask him if you see him around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Its around 150Mb+? I dont know exactly how big it is. Im on Dial-up meself, but cant be arsed to play with a 300 ping. Dataisgod, usually voulenteers to burn the patches for you. Ask him if you see him around.

Hes gone for a month

dang, dats not good news at all, i found im getting broadband on 13th of september and im getin my package of games n stuff 21-25 august , a 2-3 week wait to play it, or can u play a non patch room or server?

Ye lucky ****, gettin bb in september :D . Ive had BFV since april and i aint gettin bb until decemberish. For the three weeks you dont have bb, just create a co-op server with bots and start it on a local connection. Get to know the maps, and learn to fly the choppers, planes etc.

• Advertisement

good idea thanks

Advertisement