Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Worst!!!

• 15-08-2004 2:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Ok we have gone over the best Character in Star Trek, but now we go on to the the Worst Character in Star Trek/Worst ship

1 Character...............Wes Crusher, evertime hes on screen i want to put him into an exit pressure lock and press release button!

2 Ship.....Packleds (spelling?!) crap ship "we makkes things go!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Would "the entire crew of the U.S.S. Voyager (sans the Doctor)" be a valid entry?

Janeway was a whiny cow, Chakotay and Kim didn't do anything, Tuvok was interesting, but annoying, Torres was an even bigger cow than Janeway, Neelix...should die and it was always hard to take Jeri Ryan seriously as Seven as essentially her character was added for the simple reason that she had a big pair of breasts. Oh, and Tom Paris deserved to get mugged in Limerick some dark night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Tuvoc isnt neccessarily a bad vulcan but god is Torres a **** klingon (well i suppose she is a half cast).

Voyager really was the worst ST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i disagree i didnt have those problems with voyager like all sereis there where some horrible episodes.

we have talked about worst charactor before wesley was voted no.1 and worst ship i personley would say hmm i cant remember its name but once race that voyager ancounterd there ships where just romulan science ships facing the wrong way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I dont agree that voyager was the worst trek, in my opinion it'd be up there with tng. Here's how i see it anyways:
    1. The Next Generation
    2. Voyager
    3. Deep Space 9
    4. The Original Series
    5. Enterprise (utter.. utter utter total utter ****e)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Achilles wrote:

Are you including S3 of Enterprise in this?
    S3 is dam good imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Looking back on some of the old Voyager episodes; I think it was far better then anyone gives it credit for. Certainly made me think more of it. They had some very good story-lines. Probably the best ones, seeing as DS9 could just fall back on the War or the Prophets. DS9 is definitly my favourite. I'd probably put Voyager and TNG as joint second. TOS is the worst imo. I know it's the original and all, but it's so different to the rest of them, that I don't really see it as a star trek series.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I just to actually dislike DS9 alot but in recent months Ive gone back and watched all the eps I missed and even one's I saw before
    Basically I've followed the story and I gota say I like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Definetly Wesley Crusher... He was beyond irritating.
    Major Kira was definetly an awful character altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Token Mayweather is definetly the worst character in ST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Achilles wrote:
    I dont agree that voyager was the worst trek, in my opinion it'd be up there with tng. Here's how i see it anyways:
    1. The Next Generation
    2. Voyager
    3. Deep Space 9
    4. The Original Series

HAHAHA! Oh god i never got such a good laugh in all my life Voyager up with the next generation? beating Ds9 into third place lol you watched voyager right? Painway the anti federation captain always braking federation rules "What do you mean we can’t go through your terrorty! i do as i damn well want!" :rolleyes: voyager the uber fanboy ship amazingly the little feddy scout ship managed to beat every thing in the delta quadrant :rolleyes: i could go on and on but i have but two more things to say that proves voyager is crap 1.Fairhaven 2.Warp 10 shuttle .

1.Tng
    2 Ds9
    3.ToS (Enterprise s 3)
    4.Voyager
    5.Enterprise (s1-2)

Enterprise could be even better next seasion voyager never got above "meh" level

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote:
    HAHAHA! Oh god i never got such a good laugh in all my life Voyager up with the next generation? beating Ds9 into third place lol you watched voyager right? Painway the anti federation captain always braking federation rules "What do you mean we can’t go through your terrorty! i do as i damn well want!" :rolleyes: voyager the uber fanboy ship amazingly the little feddy scout ship managed to beat every thing in the delta quadrant :rolleyes: i could go on and on but i have but two more things to say that proves voyager is crap 1.Fairhaven 2.Warp 10 shuttle .

1.Tng
    2 Ds9
    3.ToS (Enterprise s 3)
    4.Voyager
    5.Enterprise (s1-2)

Enterprise could be even better next seasion voyager never got above "meh" level

Lets not forget that "Orish" episode in season 2 of TNG while you're out praising it. :p

I know but the rest of tng makes up for it :( <-- that face looks angry not sad wtf is up with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

DS9 is the best
    Bu tENterprise got very high marks for season 3 is still last in my list but if they contune they way they are now its rank could rise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

I respect all the opinions about best/worst Trek series. But I cannot believe people can actually call an entire series "crap". In case of Enterprise, I will not express my opinion since I've seen only the first 5 episodes. In case of Voyager, I think it's highly unfair to state it's ALL utter crap. I think Voyager had some VERY good Borg episodes. In fact, since a lot of Trek People out there are very "fond" of the whole Borg concept, I cannot understand that the series that dealt most with the Borg of all, is being catapulted into the we-should-all-forget-that-series-was-ever-made universe.
    Voyager had some very good and moody episodes, while DS9 had some really "Bajoran religious" crappy episodes, to add my two cents.

But: back to the topic, because this thread is not a worst/best SERIES thread, but a WORST CHARACTER thread - my "worst" character..... ;) I think would be Geordi LaForge. Especially in the movies, his acting skills are just far below the standard.
    I never really minded Wesley Crusher: the number of episodes he played in are quite limited. And personally, I think he's quite cute.... :p

The Admiral

Well I have the same view as a lot of other sad trekkies: The Borg were this fearsome uber-enemy. One ship single-handedly destroyed a Federation/Klingon fleet at Wolf 359 and very nearly did the same at Earth in First Contact. Picard said it was better to be killed than be assimilated. And then Voyager more or less neutered them. The Borg should've been more than the baddie of the week that they turned into in Voyager.

VERY good Borg episodes. In fact, since a lot of Trek People out there are very "fond" of the whole Borg concept, I cannot understand that the series that dealt most with the Borg of all, is being catapulted into the we-should-all-forget-that-series-was-ever-made universe.

YA! great episodes in which the borg had their nads cut off by a small scout ship i mean voyager goes off attacking the borg like its a good idea where as back in the alpha quad you need fleets of hundreds to beat just one freaking cube it made perfect sense to berman but pretty much no one else.Mind you all that make the borg crap stuff started when they took picard and made him lucutus ..Then the queen....But voyager was by far the worse at it

Worst person in star trek? : Jain "ill do anything to save my family including altering the life’s of trillions of people who might just be happy" way

(end rant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

worst char.

prob dr poleanski. never liked her.
    i used hate wesley crusher, but then i read his webby. twas very funny, he even understood why his character was h8ed so much.

as series.

id rate them
    1 Voyager
    2 TNG
    3 Enterprise (very closely followed by)
    4 DS9

with a huge gap back to

5 TOS

tbh there aint too much between voy and TNG imo. both were g8.
    Ent is very good, and ongoing so thats why it is 3
    ds9 was mearly very good, would have been better largely cause of the last series really dissapointed meh.

but i love voyager, no other series has even approached Voyager in terms of dramatic episodes. and yes fairhaven was bad, but the 2nd fairhaven episode was really quite good, once you can look beyond the fact that fairhaven was supposed to be oirish.

picard is still better captin ofc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

bizmark wrote:
    YA! great episodes in which the borg had their nads cut off by a small scout ship i mean voyager goes off attacking the borg like its a good idea where as back in the alpha quad you need fleets of hundreds to beat just one freaking cube it made perfect sense to berman but pretty much no one else.Mind you all that make the borg crap stuff started when they took picard and made him lucutus ..Then the queen....But voyager was by far the worse at it.

First: do me a favor and count in how many episodes Voyager blatantly "attacks" Borg cubes... In almost any case it's about "sneaking" and try to get something from the Borg. I do admit Voyager really and deliberately attacks the Borg in Endgame. But that had something to do with Admiral Janeway's future technology. In almost every other case, it's about rescueing missions or intelligence. Not to mention the "cooperation-pact" between Voyager and the Borg against Species 8472.
    And precisely because Voyager is merely a scout ship, it poses no threat to the Borg at all !! Remember the epi about the USS Raven ? Seven's parents managed to stay and follow the steps of a cube from very short distance. The Borg didn't bother untill it was too late.
    I also believe Rick Berman should not be the scapegoat of it all !! Because then it would be the same saying: Berman = Star Trek, which obviously isn't true and never was. The production team behind the series is far bigger, and not to forget: the storylines aren't written down by Berman alone. He is not the only one getting the stories "straight" for the show; he is not the only one who comes up with ideas and creative stuff. Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE to state that an entire series turns out to be utter crap. If the series would have been one-man series, Berman-productions so to say, then I would admit your right. But the truth is not always so simple. Not in case of a multi billion franchise.

Remember the TNG 2-hour episode "Best of Both Worlds" ? At a certain point, it's the Enterprise ALONE who counters the Borg. And all that just to save one single man: Picard. Is that so different from what we've seen in Voyager ?
    Not to mention the preposterous manner of how the Wolf 359-cube was eventually destroyed. Gosh, that episode truly s*ck*d !!

The Admiral

Re: Jane (ill do what I like) way.

You know that episode with e-jeb where his parents send him off to infect a cube with a pathogen and Janeway says thats monstrous and saves him etc.
    Am I just warped or does anybody else think one man single handedly destroying 2 cubes is a good days work.

I guess what I really hated about voyager was Janeway. I didnt really agree with a lot of her logic and for that matter I dont like where enterprise was going last time I saw it ( Ive been more or less without a telly for about a year).

Janeway started out all about the prime directive yet she seemed to piss on other ppl alot. I dont like how many encounters there was with the borg but I did like all the concept developements they did with them. In voyager there isnt really as large a cast as is in DS9 or TNG (or at least it seems to me to revolve too much around too few). There isnt enough unrunning stuff between the characters. Also it feels to sappy and feel-goodie.
    -Even when they're fighting?
    ESPECIALLY when they're fighting.

Somebdy said they hated how DS9 ended. The way I see it only 2 series ended well TNG and TOS. Why, because neither was definitive it was just a really good episode. There was no trying to tie up loose ends. I actually felt kinda sad when TNG ended. (waits for witty retort)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

I think its a shame the stick that voyager gets, i think its the best series, some really entertaining episodes, and imo, generally a good cast of characters.

TNG would be just behind it, then enterprise which i think is great tbh, then ds9 which i havent seen much of, then TOS, which i havent seen much of.

Worst character, either Kes, Polanski, or the Crushers, although in his later years wesley was a little less annoying.

Fuhrio wrote:
    I think its a shame the stick that voyager gets, i think its the best series, some really entertaining episodes, and imo, generally a good cast of characters.

TNG would be just behind it, then enterprise which i think is great tbh, then ds9 which i havent seen much of, then TOS, which i havent seen much of.

Worst character, either Kes, Polanski, or the Crushers, although in his later years wesley was a little less annoying.
    Agree with you on the Voyager thing. I was really surprised at the amount of people who dislike it. Whatever about the characters being **** (which I don't really agree with) it is quite entertaining. For stand alone episodes it's pretty much up there with TNG.

But a word of advice to you. Watch DS9. You won't be disappointed. It's the best thing Star Trek has ever been.

DS9? ohh yeah, star trek soap opera. I mean an episode about playing baseball on the holodeck?! FFS!!!!.... anyways question, why when Kira was on cardassia was she wearing a starfleet uniform instead of her native bajoran military attire? I agree that voyager was the best series myself, except for the ep i saw the other day when the doc becomes famous for his singing ability (urgh).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

why when Kira was on cardassia was she wearing a starfleet uniform instead of her native bajoran military attire?

I think she was given a temporary Starfleet rank.

Yea. They gave her a feild commision or whatever you call it, because Garak thought the Cardasians wouldn't react well to being taught how to run a resistance movement by a Bajoran officer. Too proud 'n' all...

Achilles wrote:
    DS9? ohh yeah, star trek soap opera. I mean an episode about playing baseball on the holodeck?! FFS!!!!....
    Every series has a stupid episode or two. Fairheaven! Probably the most used word on this board at this stage. (TNG had them too. Of course I can't remember any right now.) But I thought that baseball one was pretty good. I liked the way they lost but still annoyed the crap out of the Vulcun guy. One thing though about that ep I always wondered about. They say his crew are all vulcun, but I didn't think Starfleet would allow that. Being all about the cultural diversity 'n' all... (Or was it just senior staff?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Battlefield Commission. Makes them a comissioned officer. A leutenant or higher.

You and you ****in' Battlefield! It's just advertisment you're after...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Eldarin

Ok PPL here are my two cents. I warn you they are the best value for two cents you will ever read.

Firstly the issue at hand. The Worst Character in Star Trek Ever has to be the one the Only Captain Katherine Janeway. The Woman should have been phasered at birth. If its not for the fact that she's broken almost everything in the Prime Directive, it has to be because she has the most annoying voice the world has ever been graced with.

The worst ship in my opinion would have to be the Original romulan Warbird from the original series. *Shudders at the thought*

Now moving on to the best series in order:

The Next Generation
    The Next Generation (Yes id watch them all again before my next choice)
    Deep Space Nine (And that was a hard one to put there)
    Voyager
    The Original Series
    Enterprise

Now the Borg Debate. here's a few point's that I have had issues with:

1) The Borg were first Discovered By Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise after Q hurled them 50000 light years across the galaxy to the Delta Quadrant (Fierce nice thing to do might I add as it gave us such greats as best of both worlds and First Contact). Prior to this encounter the borg were an unknown alien race/species. Now in voyager we find out that the USS Raven captained by Sevens parents discovered the borg years prior to Picard even getting the StarGazer as his first commision. Now some PPl would say that this is a viable option as in the episode you find out that Sevens parent left no flight record or information anywhere. So that would be a good reason why Picard could be seen as the First human to discover the Borg.

But in another Voyager episode you hear that Sevens parents went looking for a support from starfleet to study the borg and were turned down. So thats another great piece of star trek ruined by the Voyager Episodes.

I have to finish up now because its getting close to going home time from work. But more will come soon.

Watch This .

• Advertisement

Yeah but that's to say that the Hansens weren't hunting the borg for years before finally moving into the distant regions of the beta quadrent, but just before they did asked starfleet for help and were turned down? Besides as it was said earlier starfleet had heard rumours of such a race from other species in the alpha quadrent (they had destroyed the elorian homeworld in kirk's time) but chose to ignore them as fantasies.

Advertisement