Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Worst!!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Yeah, and when the Hansens asked starfleet they had never seen a borg ship, and didnt know they were called the borg, so when picard first found the borg vessel, they probably wouldnt have known it was the same species.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Achilles wrote:
    Yeah but that's to say that the Hansens weren't hunting the borg for years before finally moving into the distant regions of the beta quadrent, but just before they did asked starfleet for help and were turned down? Besides as it was said earlier starfleet had heard rumours of such a race from other species in the alpha quadrent (they had destroyed the elorian homeworld in kirk's time) but chose to ignore them as fantasies.

Yes there was also an episode of the next Generation before Picard's encountered when both the Federation and Romulans are investigating mysterious disappearances of outposts along the Neutral Zone. Both are unable to identify the enemy but the damage to the outposts was identical to damage seen on outposts in "Best of both worlds".

• Regarding Voyager...they're into the last season on Sky One, which I missed.

I've now seen most of them and well the first few seasons are dark with the impression of them barely surviving...

After Seven arrived it was just a jolly jaunt through the rest of the quadrant...

Compare Voyager's last season with TNG's...nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DieHardGamer

Im not a big trekkie, i only own TNG series 1 and 2 on Dvd, i dont know all the names of the ships or episodes but...
    Eldarin wrote:
    The Borg were first Discovered By Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise after Q hurled them 50000 light years across the galaxy to the Delta Quadrant.

did'nt Capt Archer discover the Borg?
    Enterprise is set 200 years before TNG and i saw an episode of Ent today on sky one where the borg where discovered buried in ice, of course they revived and went on a killing spree.
    Archer didn't give them a name or species number but thats irrelevent.

As for the Voyager debate, i too was surprised to see how many ppl hate it, of course there are some episodes that are crap, like the Doc becoming famous for his singing but there are crap episodes in all the STs,
    I definetly dont agree with DS9 being the best, i couldnt get into that at all, too much talk and no action.
    Anyway back to the topic at hand, my least favourite character has to be
    Q, i feel they just put him in everytime they run out of ideas for story lines.
    All he does is play stupid games with pacard and janeway, he has no real purpose as a character, the only episode where he was good was the very first TNG episode, they just kept using him again and again because it's easy to think up stories for him.
    As mentioned above im not a trekkie i just like to watch it, so if im wrong with the whole borg thing then apologies in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Personally I can see enterprise ending with some resolution of the temporal cold war that ends up putting everything back to the first episode so none of it counts as canno but that may be wishful thinking.

• Advertisement

• Personally I can see enterprise ending with some resolution of the temporal cold war that ends up putting everything back to the first episode so none of it counts as canno but that may be wishful thinking.

Sounds a bit like Dallas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

... well, I havent seen much of the latest Enterprise and what I´ve seen of it wasn´t exactly great. When it comes to classic Star Trek, TNG, DS9 and Voyager I think I am one of many who thinks that Voyager is the worst.

I suppose it comes down to the simple fact that Janeway as a character has never made the same impact as Kirk, even though he was more a cowboy than an actor at times, Picard or Sisko.

Generally I voted for DS-9 for being my favourite series and thats true but I am also a big fan of TNG and the classic series.

Voyager lacked rawness in a way. thousands of lightyears aways from home and Janeway never really got challenged. Chakotey was too Pro - Janeway.

Tuvok wasnt even a bad copy of Spock - he shouldn´t have been there at all.

The worst ever character to appear on any of the series is Wesley Crusher. I was glad to see that you only got to see him for a split - second in Nemesis.

He is so annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Personally I can see enterprise ending with some resolution of the temporal cold war that ends up putting everything back to the first episode so none of it counts as canno but that may be wishful thinking.

has been tried by startrek before, namely "Year of hell(VOY) and Yesterdays enterprise (TNG)

worst character.B'Elana Torres, what a narky cow.

Worst Ship. Oberth Class, the think looks like it could fly apart at any second.

best series, DSN, some of the more spectacular battle scenes were in DS9 during the Dominion War story arc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Worst Character: Seven of Nine (could so easily have been the early wes crusher, nog, sisko's son (but at least they all developed into slightly better characters) neelix, kes, quark)

Worst Series: As far as I've seen Voyager was the worst, every time it had a good episode which might make you think "yeah, this ain't have as bad as I thought", the very next episode would be horrendous.

Worst trend: Having logic driven, non emotional main characters .... spock, data, tuvok, seven of nine, t'pol ... only DS9 bucked the trend (and even then they didn't stray too far with Odo the closest) ... it's irritating to watch the same stories unfold as each character learns how to feel ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Poutre

Cactus Col wrote:
    Worst Character: Seven of Nine (could so easily have been the early wes crusher, (but at least they all developed into slightly better characters) neelix, kes, quark)

Worst trend: Having logic driven, non emotional main characters .... data, seven of nine, ... it's irritating to watch the same stories unfold as each character learns how to feel ...

I think they are great story lines. Data's quest to become human has been hilarious as he tries to smile, be inconspicuous and his attempts at humour are funny in a wierd way from the fact that he isn't.

Seven of nine is a good charachter because she has to learn that humanity isn't perfect and that everything is not for the collective.

There is a similarity of course in the fact that they want to be more human but the way it is told is diferent and I enjoy it.

• Advertisement

In Datas case I have to say he brought us hours and hours of fun from being this stiff fellow in the first episode to becoming the friend of the crew who sacrifices his life for his friends.

But seven of nine wasnt that brilliant. She had huge boobies and tight costumes to make up for mostly lame episodes. But then: I never really liked Voyager anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Neelix, I hate that little twat, he should've been put in the airlock and "released" several times over.

Another I hated was the religious woman(Kai Win??) in DS9, that would've been top dog amongst the Bejorrans had Sisko not been the emmisary. I dont know what her name was, but among my circle she was known as "that Gee-bag".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Cant believe how much people dislike Voyager. Granted i have only seen some ST:TNG, and very little DS9 so dont have much comparison, it was still a great series. It gave us a female captain, a beautiful Borg and a great character in the Doctor.

I know alot of people think DS9 is the best ST series, but sorry i cant see it, a big ship stuck in the middle of space going nowhere. I'm not dissing it, i just cant see it's appeal. :confused:

BTW DieHardGamer ur right, archer did discover the Borg, although they were only there Bcoz of ST:First Contact, when they crash landed.

Anyways onto the question, i love Voyager but Chakotay has 2 be the worst character ever. Always arguing with Janeway, pretty much dismissing the Maquis, and worst of all stealing Seven from us.

Seriously people what's up wit that?. Chakotay & Seven, i never saw the slightest spark of romance between them throughout all the seasons. Did the writers just decide, hey Tom & B'elanna R fine, so lets just throw another relationship in there too, out of nowhere.

Worst ship.
    Those Malon Freighters, too big and clunky.

If i might say, the best ship has 2 be the awesome prototype ship the U.S.S. Prometheus, well after we removed Andy Dick as EMH. Closely followed by the cute little Equinox.

Anywho just my 2 cents.

C YA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Series in order of goodness:

1 - TNG
    2 - VOY (up to Season 4)
    3 - TOS
    4 - ENT

(never watched a lot of DS9, but from the episodes I've seen I'd put it 2nd)

I didn't like Neelix too much, or Ezri Dax. My fave character would be Riker or Data.

Voyager turned the borg into pussies

The Borg ... the baddest mofos in town. The Borg .. takes whole fleets of ships to beat them. turned into pussies

Species 3151 (whatever) were crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Cactus Col wrote
    Voyager turned the borg into pussies

Well i guess i do have 2 give U that Cactus. Seemed as though Voyager's Borg were pretty week compared 2 the all encompassing evil of ST:TNG's borg.
    BTW never saw much of DS9 so dont know, but were the Borg ever in any eps, & how did they fare.

SPECIES 8472 i believe it is. They were O.K., the whole organic lifeform thing was cool, but the whole deal where they built Starfleet HQ & posed as humans was just darn out there, TBH.

Prolly only good species Voyager gave us were the Hirogen, pretty awesome dudes, a bit stupid but kinda reminded me of PREDATORS. Although how FLIPPIN predictable was the whole Flesh & Blood eps. Janeway gives holotech stuff 2 Hirogen, they use it wrong but secretly how they want 2 use it & get massaccered, DUMBASSES.

Great to see Dwight Schultz again, some of his eps were rather tedious, but it did also gave us Marina, so yay.

Anywho cant wait for Season 4 of Enterprise, 2 see how Paramount wriggle their way out of being in 20th century earth.

C YA :D

I don't think the borg were in any of the DS9 episodes (bar the first couple, and maybe some flashbacks when Cisco's wife died), although I could be wrong ... very wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Cactus Col wrote:
    I don't think the borg were in any of the DS9 episodes (bar the first couple, and maybe some flashbacks when Cisco's wife died), although I could be wrong ... very wrong.

Nope your right

... has only been portrait in a cruel way in Star Trek - First Contact. They should have been way more aggressive whenever they assimilated the screen. The knew about their potential and as conquerors they should be absolutely horrible but I found them less scary than say the romulans or so. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i thought councillor troy was a pretty irrelevant character. all she ever did was sit on the bridge and every once in a while say "captain, i think they're lying!" or "Captain, I feel no danger!" or some crap like that. the writers must have noticed it too coz they kept makin her bone Will "The Ship Stud" Riker in random episodes. and wat was the crack with her ma and that servant dude! Weird!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

her ma was comic relief and enjoyable to see i thoight her guesgt star with odo in ds9 was just funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Anyway back to the topic at hand, my least favourite character has to be Q, i feel they just put him in everytime they run out of ideas for story lines. All he does is play stupid games with pacard and janeway, he has no real purpose as a character, the only episode where he was good was the very first TNG episode, they just kept using him again and again because it's easy to think up stories for him.
    Have you not seen the last episode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

JustHalf wrote:
    Have you not seen the last episode?
    Obviously not no, Q was in DS9 too as far as I can remember, although I didn't watch much of DS9, it has never appealed to me. Although I have to say one of the better episodes of the series was in DS9 when Sisko et all were whisked back to the 23rd century to space station K7... and were walking about the original enterprise... that was done really well, they combined it with the troubles with tribbles ep from TOS.

My most annoying character tho in all of trek has to be Archer. To be honest i've never liked the whole Enterprise series, and if i miss it i dont really lament... cus i really couldnt care less. The pilot of Enterprise was done really well, very interesting and was nice to see how the Vulcans we're overlookers to Humans at that time, however the whole temporal cold war thing is bad... really really bad. I hope to dear god that they flip a time reset switch at the end of it all to say that it never happened. Prequal = Bad Idea... but i have to say... Hoshi.... yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Q was in DS9 too as far as I can remember, although I didn't watch much of DS9

I think it was only one episode, but the Q/Picard chemistry didn't really carry over to the Q/Sisko relationship imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Fenster wrote:
    Lets not forget that "Orish" episode in season 2 of TNG while you're out praising it. :p

Yes - worst episode of TNG EVER ! (well, maybe not quite as bad as some first season episodes - but at least they had an excuse then)
    It was called "Up the long ladder" or something like that. Despite it being "Oirish" they give O'Brien really crap lines. Riker makes out with a grand colleen in a kind of green Arran-knit bikini thing. Woeful and then some.
    How did it get made?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just on the "who discovered the Borg" question...

In Season 2 of TNG, Q hurls the Enterprise-D to the Delta Quadrant (in something of a hissy fit :D) where they encounter a Cube for the first time.

However this is later contradicted by Voyager and the Hansen's who set off on their expedition BEFORE the Enterprise-D is launched (listen to the log entry Maximus makes on the first shot we see of the Raven - the stardate is well before 41001.x which is when the first ep of TNG kicks off).
    Also, as was stated, Starfleet denied the Hansen's support - though (as I've said before on this board), I STILL wanna know how Maximus got a very detailed replica of a Cube for little Annika to play with before they left- or how, even if we assume the information was classified by Starfleet, senior captains (like Picard) wouldn't have had access to it? Omega Directive anyone? The Borg must have been seen as as big a threat, no? :confused:

Incidentially, the Borg were indeed to be introduced earlier than they were in TNG (hence the setup of the destroyed Romulan outposts), but due to a Writer's Guild strike in the US at the time, this was postponed.

As for Enterprise... I remember actually theorising on another board (when people were wondering how they'd inevitably manage to work the Borg into the show), and suggesting that the communication array they tried to build on the Enterprise-E's deflector array in First Contact would be used to explain it - as it DID briefly activate before Picard blows it away - but they DID sorta use my idea in the Enterprise episode (last scene between Archer and T'Pol when they realise "they will be coming" .. come to think of it, this was just a rehash of the same scene between Picard and Guinan in the TNG S2 ep :rolleyes: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

The entire new Enterprise series. Especially that bolix Archer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Round Cable

I wouldn't call it new, it's four years old now, how time flies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Q didn't hurl the Enterprise-D into the Delta Quadrent, he brought them about 6 or 7,000 lightyears, that's it. They were still in the Alpha Quadrent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Achilles wrote:
    Q didn't hurl the Enterprise-D into the Delta Quadrent, he brought them about 6 or 7,000 lightyears, that's it. They were still in the Alpha Quadrent

They where in the beta quadrent at the time not the alpha quadrent ever one just seems to forget theres more than the alpha and delta quads

Advertisement