Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results night

Options
  • 15-08-2004 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,Im new to this site.What is there to do on results night,can people let me know if tere's anything going on in town,I'm also only 17.Does anyone know if anywhere is doing the stamping system in town?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I'd say anywhere that is doing a stamping system is going to be riddled with shíte heads like. Really, they tend to attract them. Any type of leaving cert gig will.

I'd recommend a party or something, esp if you have no ID like. They'll be strict cuz they know taht its the results night.

You'll probably have more fun with mates without worring bout bouncers etc.

That's what i'd be doing if I had any mates with free houses etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

dont think there will be a stamping system, as its illegal for u18s to be in a licsensed premises after 9 isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

dont think there will be a stamping system, as its illegal for u18s to be in a licsensed premises after 9 isnt it?

Yep. And with all the raids recently they'll probably be cracking down on under-18s trying to get in anywhere on Wednesday. Good luck finding somewhere, though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Raids? Really? Last one I haerd about was in Fibbers, like, last summer.

if you have an fake id that look half like you, you will be grand

• Advertisement

Yeah, bouncers are mainly just lookin to have their own asses covered...

but I still wanna know bout these raids...

never heard about any raids myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Jesjes wrote:
    Raids? Really? Last one I haerd about was in Fibbers, like, last summer.

*shrugs* I heard this radio yokey discussing teenage discos last Thursday and they mentioned that several places that had underage kids plus alcohol (mind you, some of them could have been specifically underage discos that were serving alcohol rather than over-18s places that were letting under-18s in) had been raided recently. They didn't name names. First I'd heard of it too but then again we were all quite busy in June doing that exam thing... ;)

True true.

That's grand though, I dont drink in Discos. thankfully.

No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

im near 22 and i see prob with me getting in anywhere on LC night (thats if i go out different reason for going out then you lot)

have a funny feeling there will be a lot of "not tonight lads" and "soz lads its over 21s" (most of the mates being 20)

so i say to you GL have fun and be safe (thats if you get in the door)

• Advertisement
Advertisement