Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the summer spending over now?

• 15-08-2004 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

With the new season underway and Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal having already buffed up their squad, is the spending now over or will more be done?

Personally, I can see both Arsenal and Man Utd and Liverpool add another player. Arsenal possibly another defender and Liverpool and Utd another striker definitely. Liverpool are too short up front.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I think we'll see Andy Reid in the Premiership by the end of the month, probably at spurs or Charlton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Can Man Utd really buy another striker?
    Who will come knowing that once the otheres are back he'll be dropped.
    Maybe they could get someone on loan for 3 months or something, Crespo would have been nice :D

I think Man Utd still need a second left winger, so expect that soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Dyer could leave Newcastle if this row isn't resolved, hopefully Beatie will be unveiled at Villa park before the 31st :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

A Dyer row at N'Castle and these comments by Fergie

"We have no intention of bringing in another striker," was the emphatic response when asked if he would buy to ease the crisis, but he gave a major hint he has not yet finished squad building for the new campaign.

"Not a striker as such, an out-and-out striker," he told the Manchester Evening News Sunday Pink.

I wonder!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Its not over at Utd, I'd say.

They just don't have a squad capable of challenging Arsenal and Chelsea at the moment (regardless of how unlucky they have been with injuries). They'll need to strengthen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Left Winger essential.

Another Striker - A luxury but not necessarily a necessity although right now at this stage it would be a necessity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I would love to see Andy Reid at Man United but its not going to happen. United need someone to push giggs because he is playing bad at the moment.
    I dont think we need another striker, but who could we get anyway??

Advertisement