Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well Done Ciaran Power

Options
  • 15-08-2004 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭

Fantastic race yesterday. In the breakaway group for ages and an excellent 13th place finish. Well done boy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

Yes congratulations to Ciaran. He finished ahead of the likes of Ullrich, Hamilton, Voeckler, ec. He rode a great race, I was delighted to see him in that break nearing the end of the race (although very few can beat Bettini when he is on top form, can he hold his form until the Worlds?).
    I would love to see Ciaran back in the European peloton, he was unlucky that he was caught up in the Linda McCartney fiasco just when he was developing nicely. With his sprint and strength he would be a very good lead-out man for some of the more established sprinters like McEwen or Cooke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Up the Deise ! Went to school with Ciaran and raced in the same club as a kid. Delighted to see him do well. Shame he couldn't get in there for a medal, but considering the company he was in, he can hold his head up high.

I switched disciplines after cycling to rowing, now if only some of my former rowing team mates can get us a medal that would be great !!

Advertisement