Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best 1l car for advertising and performance

Options
  • 15-08-2004 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a car to advertise my company. Unfortunately I'm only 20 and still on provisional license and a 1l is all I can really afford. The best I can think of is a polo. Any other suggestions?

Ford Focus, VW Beetle and Mini cooper all look good but they are above the 1l requirement.

What do you guys think looks best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ok, I just found the Peugeot 206 model. It comes in 1.1L

It looks really nice, it will cost an average of 12K investment but does anyone know the price difference between insuring a 1.1 litre and a 998cc?

Oppinions of cars performace and more appreciated.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The insurance diff should be minimal, even for a 20 year old on a provisonal.

The Pug 206 is er cute I have never driven one but if you want a 1 ltr rocket then try and find an old Daihatsu Charade GTti 1.0 turbo! :eek:

daihatsu_charade_g11r-exterior.jpg

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

there is no diff between a 1.0 and 1.1 as i found out and guess what I'm 20 & on a prov.!
    from my experience the different bands of insurance (after much online quoting frm QD)are
    1.0 - 1.1
    1.2 - 1.3
    1.4 - 1.5

although i did get a quote for a 1.2 punto sporting (6 gear) and it would cost me the same as an astra in terms of insurance! :eek: (ok it does accelarate quicker & has bout same top speed!!) methinks anything with GTI or turbo in the name pushes the quote up a few brackets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

If i were you, id have a better site made before i went advertising :E

Thanks for replies. Interesting about the insurance. That Charade wouldnt look to hot for advertising.

I'm working on improving the site. I thought it looked good but I'm getting allot of negative feedback on it's design. All my effort down the drain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

cormie wrote:
    That Charade wouldnt look to hot for advertising.

I'm working on improving the site. I thought it looked good but I'm getting allot of negative feedback on it's design. All my effort down the drain.

the charade would look good!! but each to his own!!

I see it's a poker site and it looks kinda ok!!
    a good effort anyway!!
    I'd probably never do as good a job but anyway..

a nice small car to use would be a 206 or polo but you could go back a few years from new and get somethin along the lines of a golf or almera as they'd be reasonably priced and newish (you aint goin to show your reg in an ad) also they are available in 1.4s which would be kinda insurance friendly!! although my advice has always been to get a decent sized car as you're goin to be ridden bareback for insurance cover anyway!! I'm 23 with provisional on a 1.8 primera with quinn direct for €2100

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

It has to be obvious to you that the only suitable car for the job is a 998cc old shape Mini. You can get all kinds of suitable roof graphics, they are cheap to buy and run and they always attract attention. No, you can't have mine...

'ceptr

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

It has to be obvious to you that the only suitable car for the job is a 998cc old shape Mini.
    'ceptr

I'd have to agree there!!!
    the old mini is a classic car and it don't matter how old or new it is!!
    good idea ceptor!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

1.0 turbo
    :eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

another car that stands out would be the Citroën 2CV which would also be quite cheap to buy - however, this doesn't satisfy your power query.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah old mini or 2CV are good - why don't you let the cards decide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

More pimping cormie???

Back to the poker forum you!

I'll let you advertise on my Smart if you sort the site out properly...

Thanks for replies. Madsl, are you serious? I will take you up on your offer once site is completed if you are:) Thanks!

2100 on 1.8 prov licence??? I'm paying 3600 on 1l prov with Quinn. Arghh!!

I like the mini idea. but I want a reliable car too! I drive about 30 miles each day.

Advertisement