Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info need on this IP phone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

As i'm gettin broadband soon i wanna get an VoIP phone as well. I've been looking at a few but not sure about the one above. Would you know if there is any wireless/cordless IP phones ??
    I can imagine there is and it would be soooo much more convinient. Perhaps a cordless phone with a range of a few miles would be even betta, but i don't there is such to buy. (at least in normal shops)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

forgot to ask, does anyone know how much speed up and down these phone use up on a broadband connection? Probably depends on voice quality, is it adjustable on these phones ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

cubix wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone has used this usb IP phone from maplins and what they think of it

Cheers

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=0408151425549&moduleno=43614

Hi Cubix,

Im using that one and I never had any problem with it. You see in a way the IP phone is a simple pair of speakers and a microphone connected to your USB Port. It will then be used by the VoiP software that your using, ryanair Telecom for example. My advice: don't really bother with the phone from the start, try to look for a good VoiP service Provider, test their applications and when your done with this, make yourself happy and buy a nice IP Phone like that one ;)

Well this is just my advice after all :D

PS. I forgot to mention that according to VoiP providers, a simple 28K connection is necessary so I guess it is not using that much bandwidth.

Advertisement