Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

updates

Options
  • 15-08-2004 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Hello all

I have just about got all the updates from the windows web site (I have all critical updates) but now I want to format the HD so does anyone know how to copy or save the updates so I can just install them when I reinstall Xp. I don't want to Re-Download them cos of my slow dial up connection. if i create a restore point, copy it to a CD and then when i reinstall XP i apply the Restore, anyone know if this will work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Jessy, unfortunately you won't be able to back up the updates that you downloaded. You'll have to download them again.

This time when you down load them, get them from the Corporate catalog. This will allow you to burn them to a CD for future use.

Alternatively, just download XP SP2 as this include all the updates that you need.

Advertisement