Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally got my GeForce3

Options
  • 01-06-2001 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Visiontek, and I have to say it's just incredible!!!! biggrin.gif

I have everything set to max in T2 and it's ultra smooth.

Also the card works with all my memory so I also got my machine finally upgraded to 1GB of memory too. smile.gif

Watch out Freecell!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Sounds sweet Hobbes. I think I might give it two or three months till the price evens out a bit then get one.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Where did you get it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Local shop (US).

btw, maybe bubbles can help tweak it so I can be more of a smug bastid wink.gif

1280x1024@32 - everything maxed biggrin.gif

I've found a downside, that it takes longer to move my mouse from one side of the screen to the other.

If you do buy the card, I recommend having a look at the Chamelon + Zoltar demos. They are just astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yea Hobbes, the game looks great once you start upping the gfx from nothing!

What framerate are you getting exactly tho?

With everything on, I get around 100fps indoors and anything from 40 to 80 outdoors, (generally speaking).

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I don't think the FPS works right. It says I'm getting 20fps everywhere, but the game is really really smooth. Maybe's a 120 and the 1 is getting chopped off the HUD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Nope 20 out in alot of action would be right... but I know what you mean hobbes.... when I had my GF2 - when tribes said I was getting around 25 fps it was real jerky... but with the GF3 it never jerks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

I am EXTREMELY JEALOUS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

****ing dick**** ****assed ****face ****ing ******** ****er.
    /me weeps openly.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

Advertisement