Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

0day sploits

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

teaser wrote:
    oh yeah, does anyone know what IP range Eircom broadband customers are allocated on?

I'm curious to know what relevance this has to this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

teaser wrote:
    oh yeah, does anyone know what IP range Eircom broadband customers are allocated on?

If you are so l33t you should be able to find that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 teaser

I never said I was 1337, are you gonna tell me or not!

I still don't see the relevance. Please enlighten me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

scriptkiddiecandidate.jpg

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Now now, don't pressue the poor kid or he'll haxx0r j00r b0x, f00! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

he's obviously a hax0r of note cos he used 'sploits' in place of "exploits"
    teaser is 2c00l4sk00l.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

teaser wrote:
    Most of us probably do but given that there's always some poor OAP out there whose computer has never been updated with any service packs I'm ****ed if I'm giving that info to anyone who browses exploit sites with a view to anything but blocking the things.

No offence but most of us grew out of that phase before we ever got into that phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

sceptre wrote:
    Most of us probably do but given that there's always some poor OAP out there whose computer has never been updated with any service packs I'm ****ed if I'm giving that info to anyone who browses exploit sites with a view to anything but blocking the things.

No offence but most of us grew out of that phase before we ever got into that phase.

OAP's + broadband + sploits = a recipe for disaster :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

Yeah, it'd be nice if there was some basic level of competance you had to achieve before being allowed have a publicly accessible IP.

Not that that's in any way practical... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I see the security forum is still as educational as ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

Maybe he or she was being provocative purposely.
    To evoke a hostile response, which is probably why
    there should be no response at all.
    Or..maybe i'm just being too paranoid about it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

All this elitist "He is a script Kiddie" , "he's obviously a hax0r of note" is childish. Grow up and post some intelligent replies or publically post your annual income and job position because your attitude implies that you earn 500k pa and are far superior to others.If you are a security expert and have published a paper of note or a ground breaking security app, then post your name.Perhaps all you can do is compile c++ ,configure a firewalland patch a windows 2000 box.Some expert.

By calling people names and acting elitist you are just making a fool out of yourself.

Perhaps you can tell us what those IPs have to do with this forum then.
    Perhaps all you can do is compile c++ ,configure a firewalland patch a windows 2000 box.Some expert you must be.

Looks like the sort of thing you were just criticising others for.

ecksor wrote:
    Perhaps you can tell us what those IPs have to do with this forum then.
    The urls he posted ?
    Looks like the sort of thing you were just criticising others for.
    What I pointed out was the superior elitist attitude.One guys posted a few security related urls and then a bitch fest starts. Why the moderator doesn't lock the topic is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

So posting threads asking about 0-day 'sploits' and ISP ip ranges is the mark of a seasoned security professional these days?

"thanx d00d"

Hrm, I hope I don't get my b0x h4><0r3d for this...

DannyD wrote:
    The urls he posted ?

No, the URLs aren't a problem (although there's another thread stickied for that sort of thing if I'm not mistaken).

I mean where he posted:

Such a question seems irrelvant to this forum, and leads people to jump to certain conclusions. He's had plenty of chances to clarify why exactly he was looking for such information (unless Average Joe was right and he was just trying to provoke a reaction).
    DannyD wrote:
    What I pointed out was the superior elitist attitude.

Aye, but the bit I quoted seems exactly the same, just in the other direction.
    DannyD wrote:
    One guys posted a few security related urls and then a bitch fest starts.

Some people may have a problem with the URLs but we've never stopped discussion of where to find exploits on this forum that I recall. I don't think that's what the bitching was about though. I'd have locked it but I'm oh so curious to see what exactly he wants those IPs for ... perhaps there's a perfectly innocent reason that I can't think of.

'd have locked it but I'm oh so curious to see what exactly he wants those IPs for ... perhaps there's a perfectly innocent reason that I can't think of.

You work as a security consultant for eircom, you tell him :) Anyway, we both made our points, gotta sleep ....

DannyD wrote:
    You work as a security consultant for eircom, you tell him :)

Technically I'm employed by them, but I don't actually work for them any more (not that it is any of your business, but I see you've been reading my webpage). Either way, the answer would be 'no'.

Is that your way of changing the subject?

Anyway, we both made our points, gotta sleep ....

I guess so.

• Advertisement

ecksor wrote:
    Technically I'm employed by them, but I don't actually work for them any more (not that it is any of your business, but I see you've been reading my webpage).
    You should update you cv so :)
    Either way, the answer would be 'no'.

Is that your way of changing the subject?
    Nahh, I'm tired.I made my point, you made yours.I'll let the rest of them continue this off topic discussion in the morning.Night.

DannyD wrote:
    You should update you cv so :)

Being slightly pedantic here, but I updated my CV a while ago and listing them under "Details of previous Employment" with an end date of "September 2004" is perfectly accurate and will continue to be accurate forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

DannyD wrote:
    All this elitist "He is a script Kiddie" , "he's obviously a hax0r of note" is childish. Grow up and post some intelligent replies or publically post your annual income and job position because your attitude implies that you earn 500k pa and are far superior to others.If you are a security expert and have published a paper of note or a ground breaking security app, then post your name.

By calling people names and acting elitist you are just making a fool out of yourself.

This is a Bulletin board where users, within certain limitations are allowed post their opinions. Opinions will never totally agree which is why they're opinions.

The original poster hasn't been restricted in posting 0-day sites and requesting IP ranges just as other users haven't been restricted in posting their opinions of the aforementioned.

I don't see how anyones post implied they earn '500k pa' and fail to see what merit salary earnings have in the equation. Does a high income equate to a higher level of intelligence? That's a direct correlation in your experience?

And again I doubt the need to be a 'security expert' to comment on 0-day sites and IP range requests, it's not exactly an indepth and intricate subject matter.

Maybe #boards.ie should add a "What are your credentials" section to peoples profiles so we can see whose posts are of merit and simply ban posting by anyone not a suitable professional expert in a given field?

You truly are a genius of our times.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

logic1 wrote:
    This is a Bulletin board where users, within certain limitations are allowed post their opinions. Opinions will never totally agree which is why they're opinions.

The original poster hasn't been restricted in posting 0-day sites and requesting IP ranges just as other users haven't been restricted in posting their opinions of the aforementioned.

I don't see how anyones post implied they earn '500k pa' and fail to see what merit salary earnings have in the equation. Does a high income equate to a higher level of intelligence? That's a direct correlation in your experience?

And again I doubt the need to be a 'security expert' to comment on 0-day sites and IP range requests, it's not exactly an indepth and intricate subject matter.

Maybe #boards.ie should add a "What are your credentials" section to peoples profiles so we can see whose posts are of merit and simply ban posting by anyone not a suitable professional expert in a given field?

You truly are a genius of our times.

.logic.

true, funny thing is a 0-day site is a contradiction.. 0-day's aren't public knowledge

Advertisement