Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game type

Options
  • 12-06-2001 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

yuck. siege is kinda boring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

siege suffers from "Swollen ego" syndrome.

Whereby the good players will end the level in 5 seconds and all shout "GG, we rock, u suck" and actually think it was a good game.

Siege is really only good if both teams are good, or both teams suck.

Try C+H instead or hunters.

Rabbit is annoying. Nearly every game I've played the second someone grabs the flag everyone throws a flash grenade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Capture and hold it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

try putting some new ctf maps up in the rotation. That Insalubrius one they have on nguk.net is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Try getting DUAL MOD and play it for a while. But I'd like to play C&H.

(Insert quote here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

How would people feel about the server changed to a different play style, say siege ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

a change is as good as a haircut....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

why change it at all?
    Theres a reason that most servers run CTF. Its the only really good gametype.
    The server will be mostly empty if its CnH or anything else. Why not leave it CTF and enable voting to other gametypes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Yeah the server is empty alot. We need to do sumthin bout that (though I don't know wat).

(Insert quote here)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I agreed with Dustaz, leave the server on CTF and enable voting, that way, people will join it.

Join it and hang about, chat on server and agree to vote in another gametype. CTF is the only way to get people to join a server on a constant basis and keep coming back to it. If the mood takes 6 people on server to play something else, allow the voting.

We only have the one server here...let's try to use it more.

Luc

Advertisement