Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading threads

Options
  • 16-08-2004 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been mentioned before and im not 100% sure if its a vb3 thing or not but anyway.

Ive noticed recently that when a thread finishes loading it pops me back to the top of the page. Since more often than not ive read the first few posts by the time its loaded, this gets really annoying.

Anyone else noticed this? Its possible its just my work machines being rubbish.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep pretty annoying but thats life

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

It didnt happen in vb2 tho so i thought id get it in there for the to-do list :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Also, when I click on a Boards thread e-mail message in my inbox. Instead of being re-directed to the message direct, I am now being re-directed to the start of the thread instead of the appropriate message/post in question :confused:

Before the upgrade. When I clicked on the Boards e-mail message link I would be taken straight to the individual post and not the beginning of the thread.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dusty, I've noticed that occasionally. I think if you use one of the other buttons/links from the forum page to open the thread it will put you at the first post since you looked at that thread.
    I do find it annoying to be moved around in a browser but havent noticed it often here. Are you on broadband or dialup? I'm guessing it might be worse on dialup as the load times would be longer...

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

its the ">" image to the right of the name of the last poster.

Paddy, I dont use the email options so I cant comment. I'm not sure why that might happen but it sounds like a "feature" that will be corrected in a future release....

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

DeVore wrote:
    its the ">" image to the right of the name of the last poster.

Yeh, i use that the the 'goto first unread post' feature all the time. The difference is that while it brings you to those posts, the page continues loading. Since the change the page loads quite slowly. By the time its finished , I have progressed down a few posts but the page resets me back to where it first brought me. mega annoying.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Aye, I get the same thing here. The curse of 56k :/ .

Advertisement