Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging iRiver iHP-120

Options
  • 16-08-2004 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Just got my iHP-120 this morning from the US.
    The seller said there would be US-UK Plug Adaptor included but shock, horror there isn't one to be seen.
    I have a basic US - UK plug adaptor that doesn't make any change to the voltage. Would it be safe to use this one? Tried it with an MD before and I got "high voltage" or something on the display

After my recent troubles writing a mini disc recorder and GP32 off with crappy adaptors I'm worried about doing anything.

I had thought the thing could change by USB (slowly I expect), but there's no mention of it in the manual.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

what input voltage rating does the power adaptor have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

I know of a friend who charded his iriver h-140 up with a friends charger for his iriver and it killed the battery and had to send it back to manufacturer. It was not an iriver adaptor though so be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I brough an ihp-120 back from the states.
    All i needed to charge it was an plug adaptor that cost $9.99 in Target.
    It's not converting voltages, just allowing me to plug it in here.

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

I'm thinking of getting a ihp140 player and just took a look at the manual from the iRiver page and it just mentions that you can charge it through your usb port on your pc. Can you also charge it from the mains?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

yup the irivers have a built in Adapter on the plug that does 110-240 V so all you need like K!LL!@N says is a plug adaptor. Couple of Euro in any chemists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I ahve the iHP 140 and didnt read in the manual that it can charge by usb. Are you sure because it says to make sure to connect the player to the mains when updating firmware so i assumed this was so the battery doesn't run out and the hard disc get corrupted?

Advertisement