Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buffy speaks Irish

• 16-08-2004 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Was looking around the net and came accross this. T'is a stoopid site really but I noticed that all the bad words have a very Irish feel to them...

http://custurd.b3ta.com/buffyswear/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

bah I was expecting it to be in her voice....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

I'm sorry, but how are "ovaries", "labia", "rectum", or "iguana scrotum" swear words?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

'Rectum off' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

I'm sorry, but how are "ovaries", "labia", "rectum", or "iguana scrotum" swear words?
    no doubt they regard anything to do with "reproduction" as a swear word, No doubt the FCC investigates whenever someone says labia on live Tv. They investigated Bono saying "****" and came to the conclusion that it was alright because he wasn't using it in a sexual context
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Ignore those ones. Its the others I'm on about...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

An Irish feel? How? I don't hear it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i dont "hear" any irish feel to it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

i dont "hear" any irish feel to it,

Ok, it does not soound Irish to my ears...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Umm S produces shite - that's very Irish, so I'm assuming he's referring to that (any other country would just say ****). A produces Arse, not Ass. That's all I noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The english use Arse. and didnt you see braveheart

"sure they couldn't agree on the colour of ****e!"

scottish not irish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

no doubt they regard anything to do with "reproduction" as a swear word, No doubt the FCC investigates whenever someone says labia on live Tv. They investigated Bono saying "****" and came to the conclusion that it was alright because he wasn't using it in a sexual context

:p

****ing fcc, endless mindless bollox on tv is ok but sex words are considered taboo :eek:

Advertisement