Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T630 screen scratches

Options
  • 16-08-2004 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

I've not even had my T630 a week and it the screen has got three bad scratches already. This is just from being in my pocket!
    Does anyone else have this problem with them?

I don't want to get a pouch for the phone, can you get scratch resistant screens at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

i've made my own for some of my regular handsets... check out this thread

or you can get a high quality one like the Martin Fields Overlay Plus

BrianG

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

there's some mad goo you can get to get rid of the scratches... http://www.displex.com

need to be very careful with displex - can be easy to cause a "rubbed effect" on the screen so follow the instructions carefully - if you decide to try it best to start with a small amount and apply again if necessary making sure to protect the casing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

got a t630 about a month ago, and like you , kept only in pocket and on my desk. Managed to get a scratch on it. I'm dumb founded. also noticed dust appearing behind the screen , like an old casio watch.

really annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

do MPRC in sandyford fit new screens??

My t610 is scratched to bits!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Ordered a white case, the display cover film and some of that displex stuff.

Didn't know you could get that stuff.

On a related note, my watch has been through the wars and there's not a scratch on it, do they use scratch resistant glass or something?

do MPRC in sandyford fit new screens??

My t610 is scratched to bits!

i use Sigma Wireless Fonefix.ie for (Sony) Ericsson servicing, they fitted a new T68i front housing for a mate of mine before when his got badly scratched up

alternatively there are some e-bay sellers who sell replacement housing if one is into that kind of DIY, you can invalidate you warranty by opening up the phone though, also need be sure you will get an original Sony Ericsson replacement part not one by a 3rd party

BrianG

Advertisement