Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up eircom as a payee on NIB internet banking

Options
  • 16-08-2004 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I thought I'd try here for suggestions as eircom seem to have made a virture of putting incredibly stupid people answering the phone. (The idiot I spoke to not only tried to tell me I needed to fill out a direct debit form, she also just transferred me back into the queue - Emma, whoever you are, its people like you who justify the low salaries paid to people in call centres). Enough of that rant!

I am trying to set up eircom as a payee on NIB internet banking so I can pay my phone bill online directly from my bank account (or credit card account as its impossible to pay eircom with a VISA card, incredbile as it may seem in this day and age).

However, unlike the AIB offering, NIB doesn't preconfigure utilities on their bnaking service so you need to know the bank account number for them, sort code and what format their reference number should be in (for example if its just your account number, or account plus extra zeros or account name).

However I cannot find anybody vaguely intelligent enough in eircom who can tell me the following:

1. Sort code for internet banking customer bill payment
    2. Account number for internet banking customer bill payment
    3. Reference number required (for example 000xxxxxxxx where xxxxxxxx is your account number)

Has anybody managed to set it up and get it sorted? I haven't phoned NIB yet since their call centre is in Scotland and they might not have the eircom details available to them. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

all this info should be in the giro slip at the bottom of your eircom invoice

if NIB does not suffice, you could try Billpay.ie

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

slave1 wrote:
    all this info should be in the giro slip at the bottom of your eircom invoice

if NIB does not suffice, you could try Billpay.ie

I did consider this but there is a warning on the NIB website not to assume that this is the correct account for online payments :-( I have been trying to find out via eircom what account this is (obviously they've already supplied this to AIB because they have eircom preconfigured) with no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭asmith

I'm with NIB as well and here's what I use to pay Eircom.

Sort code: 933384
    Account Number: 51279238
    and your Eircom account number as the Statement Reference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

shoegirl wrote:
    I am trying to set up eircom as a payee on NIB internet banking so I can pay my phone bill online directly from my bank account (or credit card account as its impossible to pay eircom with a VISA card, incredbile as it may seem in this day and age).

I pay Eircom by direct debit to my Visa account, which gives me another month or so cash flow before I have to shell out. I set this up a few years ago without any major bother.

There are certain risks with direct debits to CC accounts, including the fact that you can be liable for charges made to such accounts even after the account is closed.

Advertisement