Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Report Madrid for Tapping Viera

• 16-08-2004 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure how FIFA haven't spotted this themselves but Arsenal have named 3 people to FIFA allged to have tapped Viera. One is a player and one an agent and one is a sponsor.

I doubt anything will comeof it but given their history I really hope FIFA sanction them. A two year transfer embargo would be justice.

BBC Report
    Independent Full Interview with Dein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I think a 3 window transfer Ebargo would sufficeint , along with some hefty fines .

hopefully Liverpool report them aswell to build a bigger case , and then Man United on the sale of Beckham , sure why not all the clubs Real have bought players from in the past 5 years .

Still the case will either be thrown out or FIFA will give fines under £40,000 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Glad to see this happen. Now as Big Ears says United and Liverpool fire in requests as well then this might go somewhere. A fine is useless. An embargo on transfers both in and out for two years now that would hurt :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

I think it would be a risky move for united to jump on the band wagon reporting madrid, united have their own transfer mess to sort out first. Theres already been a few clubs accusing United of tapping up players(PSV comes to mind) so United would be opening up a hole can of worms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I don't think FIFA are all that bothered about ensuring proper (or even legal) conduct in the transfer market. Most bigger teams would probably get away with a ticking off, Real will probably walk out smelling of roses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Big Ears wrote:
    hopefully Liverpool report them aswell to build a bigger case , and then Man United on the sale of Beckham , sure why not all the clubs Real have bought players from in the past 5 years .
    Man Utd would have a case regarding RVN but not Beckham, Ferguson wanted rid of the player and the initial contact came from Man Utd. They may not have got the money they were looking for but that's there own fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think it's more that a little cheeky by Aresenal given how they conducted Slyain Wiltord's transfer i.e. unsettling him to the point that he refused to play for Bordeaux. Even though Bordeaux must thank jebus continually for somehow getting £13m for him.

Who's he playing for now does anyone know? Still free agent?

Advertisement