Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one else having connections problems with Eircom?

• 16-08-2004 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Last Tuesday night my Eircom broadband went on the fritz.

The modem (A Zyxel 645m) is still working, DSL light is on, 10/100Mbit light is on. I conenct it up tto my computer, then run RASPPPOE, but it is unable to detect any "DSL Offers". I have tired it now on multiple computers, using different OS's. Tried using XP inbuilt PPPoE dialer and it wouldn't work.

On my old connection, that was working on Monday/Tuesday now comes up with an error "678: There was no answer".

I wasted 3 hours of my life yesterday talking to Eircom asking them to fix it, but got no where. They are sending out a new modem, but I know it is not the problem. I got a friends modem and was unable to dial out with that either.

Does any one have any ideas? I am on the Dehenny's Cross exchange in Cork. In my opinion the problem is probably at the exchange, because the modem is working (I can telnet into it and it shows its transmitting, but not receiving packets) and none of the internal phone wire touched.

What can I do? There is no point in talking to a biddy on Eircom, how do I contact someone with some actual experience/skill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Lockup

I've had a similar problem on the same exchange. The dsl link light on the DLink 504 will drop and it fails to reconnect. The only way I can get it to connect again is by picking up the telephone on the same splitter as the DLink and then it will reconnect.
    The problem is intermittent so I can only presume it has something to do with the exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

7 weeks after my modem was sent, I was still unable to connect due to the eircom service do to "a problem with the exchange". I ate eircom mugs over the phone during this period several times, and eventually got connected 2 months late. Honestly, I really believe they are advertising the service while they still have major work to do in the exchanges.

Advertisement