Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new patch

Options
  • 13-06-2001 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

was there supposed to be a patch released today?

sierra update said it had found a new patch but then failed to download anything :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Yeah there is a new patch. I have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

It's there alright. If you cant download it, I'll post it up on a website later today for you. I'll send out the address when it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

The auto updater works fine for me, guess I'm one of the lucky ones. It was relased sometime yesterday.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/tribes2/ has the latest patch aswell as the past ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

The updater always works grand for me confused.gif

(Insert quot here)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

hmm well after applying the patch and deleting the dso files, the fps is as manky as ever (during a lot of action), hopefully some more texture tweaking might ramp it up a bit.

But here's the feature everyone's been waiting for: you're now teleported into your vehicle when you buy it smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Where did you get it?
    The autoupdater is as cr@p as usual, it refuses to update my copy and tribalwar doesnt have it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

interesting feature.

What if, (God Forbid!), it became a team game, and (as a 'tactic', remember those things?), the person who spawns nearest the Vehicle Bay has to create a transport or bomber or something, before going off to lay defensive turrets. He creates the vehicle, runs off, barely gets to stand in an inventry station and then, automagically, he's sitting in the pilot seat of a Havok that's 50 metres away?!?

I agree it gets rid of the "I created that shrike and that bloke nicked it" thing, but really, does it make the game more limited by doing this?

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Not at all. If you dont like the seating arrangements then jump out (move the vehicel off the pad first)

Hmmm, fine yeah, but what of the 'realism' of automagically being teleported into a shrike when you are running AWAY from the pad?

I think it takes away from the 'do anything you want' feel in the game.

Anyone get my point or am I out on a breaking limb here?

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm not sure I like it either, yep its a pain if your gears nicked, but just shock em as the try to get in.
    Plus how Im I meant to kick stuff at the nme pad now ?

• Advertisement

FFS!

Good point Rev, totally forgot about that!

One of the sweetest ever tribes 2 things I did was snatching the flag and then snatching a just created nme shrike to take me safely home. It's so, like, "IN YOUR FACE BUBBLES!".

They gotta change it back, they just gotta.

Advertisement