Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

{REQUEST}MP3 Audio Books

• 16-08-2004 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of good sites that you can download audio books in MP3 format?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭curlywee

cant recommend a site but can recommend oneword if you have sky - youll find it hidden on the radio section

Its great for audio books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

audible.com is excellent. I used to be a member when I travelled more by car, and when I walked with a walkman more. You can download books and write to CD. They are not 'MP3' format per se - compression levels are available from 'CD-quality' to 'less than FM quality', but the file format is proprietary - you will only be able to listen or burn via the audible player. That said, I am sure you could rip the resulting CD to produce MP3.

Their membership programmes are usually the best value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

I agree, audible is very good

ollie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Cheers,have checked audible out and it looks good especially the membership programmes. Plus also reading on the forum on the iRiver site that its possible to conver the audible format to mp3 and use it on their H140 mp3 player so that sounds good.

Advertisement