Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right Mouse Button Problem

Options
  • 16-08-2004 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

My dad just got a new Sony Viao laptop and he asked me to mess around with it and set it the way he likes it.

The first thing I noticed though, was the right mouse button doesn't open up any menu when right clicking on a file or icon. I can't get that very helpful menu to pop up that lets me rename, delete, compress etc a file because when you right click on a file it just selects the file.

Right clicking in a program such as PhotoShop opens the normal window so it is not the mouse itself.

Anyone come across this? Is it a stupid feature on Windows XP that was turned on by default when the OS was installed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Control Panel > Mouse. Someone must have switched the primary button to secondary, it's one of the first options listed there.

Advertisement