Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 and SL55 GPRS/MMS settings for contract

Options
  • 16-08-2004 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭

I am on a O2 contract and I haver a sim free Siemens SL55 that I bought in the UK. Whist everything works okay I cannot get GPRS/MMS to work, I have tried the settings page on O2.ie but that cannot sewnd the MMS settings. O2 say I am setup on their endso I can only see that it is a phone problem.

Does anyone else have a SL55 and settings that work?

Sean

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I have those settings but still no joy, maybe I will either have to kick o2 or try another phone, thinking of etting the SX65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

My settings with SL55 and 02 contract

GPRS Settings,

APN --> wap.dol.ie
    Login Name --> user
    Password --> <blank>

MMS Settings (this is in Messages window, msg setup)

expirty --> 1 week
    Def priority --> high
    Def duration --> 010.0secs
    message realy server --> http://mmsc.mms.02.ie:8002
    IP settings
    IP Address --> 192.168.090.074
    Port --> 9201
    Conn profile --> GPRS WAP

Think thats it. Should stick with the SL55, its a great phone

Thanks for those setting, I will try them out latyer. I just tried a vodeafone chip and after entering the details in the above url, it worked first time. I do like the SL55 but the CX65 is beckning :)

Sean

• Advertisement

Is your account commissioned for GPRS? If it isn't then no combination of settings will work. You'll need to call Customer Care on 1909 and ask them to enable GPRS on your account if this is the case.

EDIT: Reading back on your message, it sounds as if you've already done this, sorry about that.

Karsini wrote:
    Is your account commissioned for GPRS? If it isn't then no combination of settings will work. You'll need to call Customer Care on 1909 and ask them to enable GPRS on your account if this is the case.

EDIT: Reading back on your message, it sounds as if you've already done this, sorry about that.

Yeah they say it is but twice recently when I have asked them to confirm this their compters have been down and they have never got back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, just to follow up, asking about things like MMS, WAP etc. best call 1740 O2 Internet/WAP support not regular O2 customer care...
    re: About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc...

BrianG

Advertisement