Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking - referring / links

• 15-08-2004 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭

ecksor wrote:
    If you're at your friend's house again tell him to stop signing up new accounts to boards. If I catch you advertising his website again I will ban you. If you're banned in the next few minutes it is because I reviewed your posts and found them suspicious. Unless the mods of this forum have an objection, there will be a ban on mentioning the our mobiles or gsm solutions people on boards.ie, they've been nothing but dodgy annoyances on boards for far too long now and I'm inclined to presume that both of ye are just reincarnations of their numerous banned accounts.

WHAT?? Ok I'm fed up of this rubbish!! am I still a member?? I just want to be able to get advice and give it if I can!! that's what I taught boards.ie was for!! I won't mention any persons other than myself that can help in future if this is ok and I'm not banned by now!!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

How sick of it exactly? Have I banned you before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

ecksor wrote:
    How sick of it exactly? Have I banned you before?

no you haven't banned me before as i only got the internet 2 weeks ago!!

it's just anytime I mention a certain place I get this other place is better is all!! I'll advise as I know it to be!! if I knew the other was any good/better than the first I'd say so!! advice is what this is all about aint it?? I've no intention of bein banned (and I hope I'm not cos I like these boards) and I'm now glad that there's been a ban on mentioning either!! cos I for one won't anymore!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

I have noticed alot of posts have been deleted for reasons I do not know.
    'removed' (not deleted) posts can be found here, followed up by reasons where appropriate

blah blah blah

• Advertisement

blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Ok fair enough but so far there are 7 pages in this thread. What if someone still asks for help on getting aphone unlocked or repaired, are we (the members) not entitled to tell them some where to go. Or this thread gets to 15 pages and a member doesnt want to have to go all the way back through pages of posts to find it when someone can simply post a place back to them.

anyone reading the thread is reminded in the Forum README to ensure they go through the thread first before asking additional questions, therefore they should see any existing references, they can also easily use the 'Search This Thread' facility to help search relevant posts rather than reading each page

as future mention of those companies is no longer possible there isn't any likelihood of someone posting reference to either of those places again

we will see how it goes, the other alternative is to rule out any future postings on the topic of unlocking handsets

as this particular discussion is going off topic to the thread, it can be continued in the Feedback forum if you wish

thanks

ok as I seem to have been dragged into all this goings on I would like to say I'm happy with what's been said here now and I'll not mention either company again!!
    hope we can all just get along now???
    that ok j-buc??

sorry for puttin this post here dub but I didnt wanna put it elsewhere for the sake of only one post!!
    sorry!!!

blah blah blah

This isn't up for debate. Don't mention either of them. They're both sleazy spammers as far as I'm concerned who've just been exploiting this site to try to get some cheap advertising (and worse). Next time and I'll be only too happy to ban you, because quite frankly upon reviewing your posts I'm suspicious as hell of you anyway

• Advertisement

blah blah blah

So are you going to ban every member that mentions gsm or our mobiles?

Yes. How simple do I have to make this for you?
    I know gsm arent sleazy.

I've had to ban them from boards in the past for signing up an account for the sole purpose of advertising.
    I have kept to your rules 100%.

Now that the rules have changed I trust that you'll keep to the new rules too.

blah blah blah

Are you going to make up the rules as they go along. Change them everytime you dont like what a member is saying.

Yes.

blah blah blah

Imagine that some annoying user presented an admin on this site with a retarded and irrelevant analogy. He'd ignore it.

ecksor wrote:
    Imagine that some annoying user presented an admin on this site with a retarded and irrelevant analogy. He'd ignore it.

Very good X!!!!

I see that X is the "boss" (for want of a better word) and his word is gospel so I'll go by it anyway but I'm not sure it's too fair to ban someone for mentioning a particular company or whatever it may be but as I said the "boss" has spoken now let's just let it die now and for good!!

theres plenty more ways we can all help people other than by promoting any certain company!!

this shall be my last word on this matter as long as I am not questioned about it any further!!!

now can we all go have a bit of a laugh yeah??? this is gone far too serious!!
    I suggest http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Advertisement