Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What value is my Opel Astra Club 1999 if i sold cash?

Options
  • 16-08-2004 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im thinking of selling my car 1999 Opel astra club 1.4 16V to a friend of mine.
    What would be a fair price i.e. the going rate?

Also im looking at getting a Volvo 2000/2001 S40 valued at around 12K what would the garage give me toward the price of the new car if i traded in with them?

I would probably like to sell to my friend as a going into the garage with a straight buy with cash would give me more clout i take it

Or is there any place on the web i can value it?

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

buysell.ie or motonet.ie

either site should have similar cars for sale which would give you a guide price.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

Hi,

Im thinking of selling my car 1999 Opel astra club 1.4 16V to a friend of mine.
    What would be a fair price i.e. the going rate?

Also im looking at getting a Volvo 2000/2001 S40 valued at around 12K what would the garage give me toward the price of the new car if i traded in with them?

I would probably like to sell to my friend as a going into the garage with a straight buy with cash would give me more clout i take it

Or is there any place on the web i can value it?

Tks

straight cash is the best way to haggle in a garage but always make sure to get some warranty with it!!

a chap I work with just got one off a garage and paid €5900 for it if it'd any help to ya!! suppose bout 5k wouldn't be too much to be askin!! don't sell yourself short for a mate!! a stranger is always more willin to give ya more money as they won't "remember that time ya all went out and got so drunk and ended up drivin on the beach for 3 hrs and got stuck in the sand" or some other amusing story that nobody should know bout the history of the car!! ya know??

Advertisement