Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shazbot!

Options
  • 10-06-2001 8:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if there's any way to get at those lovely sounds from T2...
    I want 'em as my windows sound events, but they don't seem to be stored as normal .wavs ... are there any proggies that'll let me convert/extract them to bog-standard wav's?

SONIC.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

They actually are stored as .wav's so you won't need to convert them at all. They are stored in zip files with the .vl2 extension, just open one of those files with winzip or something like that and you should be able to get any of the sounds out.

voice.vl2 for the voices and audio.vl2 has all the fx. Both should be in your Dynamix\Tribes2\gamedata\base folder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

How do you put sounds as your windows sound event?

(Insert quote here)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Its the sounds icon in control panel, open that up and it should give you a list of events that you can change the sounds for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

LoL el.marco..you don't have a clue about computers tongue.gif btw if you get stuck press the little X at the top right hand corner of your screen, That is all smile.gif
    only messing or am i..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Thanks mantel, worked a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

* newbie question *
    What does Shazbot mean? I can't ever tell if my teammates are insulting me or complimenting me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well when people do crap they say shazbot, so my guess is yes. I myself didnt know this but i learned over time smile.gif

(Insert quote here)

Advertisement