Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay

Options
  • 16-08-2004 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Any chance of an eBay forum? It's an amazing resource but its got its ups and downs, id loved to had have somewhere to ask a few questions when i started using it, god knows i've taken some wrong turns. I'm sure they're others who agree.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Ebay allready have their own forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Ebay allready have their own forum
    That has nothing to do with CWG's suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

Agreed Celt..

The ebay forums are full of plebs, scams, muppets etc.. I've seen people ask questions about ebay and weither or not its safe on the tech forum quite a few times..

Either way, i'm not gonna go around spamming to get signatures for a forum (sticking this thread in my sig etc) but i believe it would make a welcome addition to our community..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

gets a thumbs up from me. could be really helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

This would be a really good site for those first time ebayers. As Im sure you're all aware, when you first start off buying goods from the internet you're worried about things like paedophiles, hackers and scammers! I know I was LOL. Anyway I do think that this forum would be a good help for many people who want to use ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

it has the oeNeo seal of approval so how can it fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

oeNeo wrote:
    This would be a really good site for those first time ebayers. As Im sure you're all aware, when you first start off buying goods from the internet you're worried about things like paedophiles, hackers and scammers! I know I was LOL. Anyway I do think that this forum would be a good help for many people who want to use ebay.

scammers yes , hackers and paedophiles , what are they gonna do , send you pictures of children :rolleyes: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Big Ears wrote:
    scammers yes , hackers and paedophiles , what are they gonna do , send you pictures of children :rolleyes: .

Erm.. well maybe someone might hack your account and steal all of your info. Or some paedo-hacker will get your address and find you and your kids...

The internet is a scary place. You never know what sort of sickos are out there.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sounds good to me, I've a couple of mates who use eBay, never have myself but it sounds like it would be a good place to check out reliable irish ebayers!

This sort of resource might get me using eBay.
    Thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Sounds like a good idea, we can get lists of who to buy and more importantly who not to buy from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

sounds good, deadly almost!!

eBay is cool, who needs two kidneys anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I dont think the new "Forums" forum idea is working

Advertisement