Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place to advertise a car for sale?

Options
  • 16-08-2004 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

I am trying to flog my motor, but have not received any responses at all, despite having advertised in both Car Buyers Guide (for 6+ editions now), and the Herald and Irish indo. (I did get 2 calls actually, but they were from the signs I stuck up in the window!)

I know it is a hard enough car to shift (alfa 156), but I was wondering if anyone can advise the best medium to advertise the car on - I dont mind paying the advertising costs, but only if there is a good chance of return on investment!

thanks in advance,

Eoin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Your local rag(s) and buyandsell or any similair publication, and here of course!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

was it placed on cbg.ie or just in the mag itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yeah, tried all of the above with no success (its cost me about 200 so far!). I reckon it is just that hard to shift an alfa :rolleyes:

Sleipnir wrote:
    was it placed on cbg.ie or just in the mag itself?

It has been in both for about 6 weeks or so now

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

What size engine are you talking, and how much did you advertise it for, what year is it. I have a 156 myself, and I am a big Alfa fan, generally check all the sites regularly to see if something nice comes up. Carzone.ie, cbg.ie, nuyandsell.ie, autotrader.ie, don't know if there are any other good ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Also motormarket.ie. I bought my current car, which is a lot harder to shift compared to your car, based on seeing a pic on the front page of their paper :)

Also, what year, model, engine, extra's, asking price? Regularly come across a private sale with way too high an asking price. It's a great car but depreciation is worse than average...

Its the 1600CC Sportivo model (40K on the clock), which unfortunately for me is the one that has one of the highest 2nd hand values for the 156 model.

I have been keeping an eye out on the prices, and they seem to be going for up to 12K and over - I am looking for anywhere around 11K, or will take a cheaper car as part exchange (I am not a car trader, just looking to reduce my debt)

I can post the full spec and links to pics if anyone is interested in having a gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Sent you a pm about it.

Advertisement