Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your pet hate in traffic!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the w@nkers who attempt to join dual carriageways or motorways where the traffic (in theory at least!) is travelling at 60 or 70mph, by cruising down the slip roads at a breathtaking 30mph, and then pushing in as if it's their God given right, totally oblivious of all the other cars who have to swerve dangerously into the outside lane to avoid hitting them.

Oh yes, and motorbikes on the M11/N11 in the morning who "filter", as they call it, at 80-90mph between cars travelling at the legal limit, even when a car in the outside lane has already signalled their intention to move back in to the inside lane after an overtake (OK, OK, I'm the only one who does that, but nevertheless ...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

15 year old young lads in tractors ambling on down the road for 10 miles, never once stopping to let the 3 trillion cars behind him get past.
    It can be frustrating, but you need to look at this from both sides. If the tractor driver pulls over everytime there are a couple of cars behine him, it's going to take a long time to get where he's going, and sometimes there just aren't places to pull over anyway.

Once a long line has built up though, if he stops he's going to have a hard time getting back out into the traffic. It's an awkward situation with no easy solution.

There are a few things that do really annoy me about farm vehicles however:

1. Headlights set on high-beam at eye level all the time.

2. Those who keep their rear-facing spotlights turned on while driving on the road. :rolleyes:

3. Tractors trundling along a road dropping muck everywhere.

4. Tractors with rear lights not working, or so covered in mud that they might just as well not be.

And finally an example from last winter: A tractor driving along after dark hauling a huge, over-width piece of mchinery with vicious blades sticking out well onto the wrong side of the road. With no marker lights, reflectors, or anything else to show this wide load, and the aforementioned headlights dazzling everyone approaching from in front, it was impossible to see that huge contraption being towed until almost on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

and to continue on from my earlier embroilment with merc drivers.. Yesterday evening a 04 Merc wankstain decided to drift into my lane inches from my front bumper and even though I continued to blast his rear view mirrors with my headlights and horn he decided to keep inching into my lane without indicating until I had no choice but to let him in, that or be run off the road. After that encounter I promptly drove up beside him, lowered my window, raised my middle finger in a dignified and elegant way and without delay, told him where to go

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Or the man who managed to be facing me, parked half on the centre median, half in the overtaking lane on the dual carriage way between limerick and shannon, while I was giving my fiance a driving lesson. That and everyone else on the road. Bastards. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Fredrick

Driving on narrow roads and articulated lorry's driving by at 60mph or more on a bend the guy with one hand on the wheel and a phone in the other scares the **** outa me :eek:

On the way back from the country, people driving under the limit and won't let you by.

Have to agree about guys in big cars, beemers, mercs etc.. not all of course ;) , you let them out and they might aswell be giving you the finger, a lot of woman drivers 2, especially the older ones. And of course taxi drivers!

When your sitting in traffic in town with your window down with the heat and an ambulance driver passing by desides to hit the sirens right there... wakey wakey

Not to do with traffic or anything but when your having an old snooze in the evening after work and a f*****g icecream van pulls up right outside your gaff. Grrrrhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,393 ✭✭✭✭Victor

where they think a pedastrian crossing is an optional thing to stop for.
    Carry something in your hand. Make it look like you will use it to hit their car. Take command of pedestrian crossing

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

Boy racers who are UV scanning the road for counterfit tarmac or attempting to tan roadkill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

ando wrote:
    and to continue on from my earlier embroilment with merc drivers.. Yesterday evening a 04 Merc wankstain decided to drift into my lane inches from my front bumper and even though I continued to blast his rear view mirrors with my headlights and horn he decided to keep inching into my lane without indicating until I had no choice but to let him in, that or be run off the road. After that encounter I promptly drove up beside him, lowered my window, raised my middle finger in a dignified and elegant way and without delay, told him where to go

Carry a golf ball with you, then if this happens again, roll down your window and shake it at them .... :cool:

Works everytime.... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheJaff

Cyclists who insist on cycling on the road when there is a perfectly safe cycle-path running alongside the road. I drive along the Nangor Road towards Clondalkin every evening heading home and I always see at least 1 dumb knob-end cyclist wobbling along the road completely oblivious to the cycle-path beside him. And to make matters worse there are roadworks there and the roads have been narrowed by the tactical placement of traffic cones (which in Dublin are now a permanent part of the landscape :rolleyes: ) and still the cyclists stay on the road forcing drivers to try and squeese past them. Its only a matter of time before one of them gets knocked off their bike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

can't remember if it has been said before but anyway:-
    people who beep their horns when queueing at a set of filter lights even though their light is red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

kbannon wrote:
    can't remember if it has been said before but anyway:-
    people who beep their horns when queueing at a set of filter lights even though their light is red
    I'm waiting for someone to do that to me someday so that I can get out of my car, walk back to them and let rip about what an ignorant pr*ck they are.. I really hate seeing that. Idiocy, rudeness, and dangerous all rolled into one..

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,393 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Carry a golf ball
    Golf ball or golf club?

Advertisement