Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad points vs good points

Options
  • 14-06-2001 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

PEOPLE,
    We have heard the good points about Tribes 2 not lets hear the bad points biggrin.gif Everyone give at least 2 bad points and no one question any remark cause then it will just be total chaos biggrin.gif

I will start it off:

1. They said it will not be a pin based game but it is for the chaingun , sniper , pea shooter and Spinfuser

2. They have some **** maps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

1. There is a serious imbalance in the game, D is too strong and O is too weak. If i play one more no cap 5-4 thin ice map (not to mention the other turtle maps) ill scream.

2. Enforced Teamwork is not fun. The only way to attack some bases is to gather 3 or 4 people and attack with bombers/havoc and hope all of them have a clue what they are doing. Invariably, you fail and its back to 5 mins of gathering a crew and getting to he base. Fine if your in a team that does this all the time, but absolute **** in pubs.

3. The anti-cowboy feeling in the game is rubbish. They took out HO, and reduced the ability for one person to make a difference. Sometimes i feel the game is more like a simulation than a FPS, i simply dont find it as much fun as the MUCH faster and MUCH more challenging Tribes 1 approach.

I know a few people will throw out the term 'teamwork' at me but that is absolute bull****. Teams in T1 have teamwork, Teams in CS have teamwork just not the constrictive style of T2 teamwork.

Theres a much more intelligent and readable thread on the TW forums that address these, ill see if i can drag it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

1. Combat is very badly handled. It's all jump/fire. The characters motion and momentum is very annoying and just doesn't feel right.

2. Targettng is off, for the spinfusor at least, if you're strafing and firing you will miss unless you compensate for the fact that it seems to fire the disk at an angle from your position a second before you hit the button but still originates from your current position. I know that isnt clear but its the best way I can explain it, it used to happen a lot on 2/3 year old FPS games so I was surprised to see it here.
    And before you start flaming I may be a newbie to Tribes2 but I've been playing TFC for over 2 years, I do know how to center a target while strafing.

3. The rocket pack is a mess. It makes no sense. Something that has the thrust to jet you up will have enough to stop you falling and begin the ascent again (If you have the energy) - yet it doesnt. Same if you start going forward, if you stop pushing ahead you will not then go up as you should.

Points 2 and 3 you can get used to and compensate for but you shouldn't have to in this day and age with a high profile title methinks.
    I like the game, but I know that it's not one I'll really love. For the moment the variety and fun of flying/driving etc. is great, but it's in need of some major gameplay tweaking before it's worth competing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

just got my copy today...a patch already i hear? will she run on a 533 celeron, geforce, 256mb memeory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

yankinlk: a patch already i hear

You have no idea of the world of pain u are about to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

The weapons are wimpy

The skins, weapon and base tile graphics are a bit over the top

shooting someone is very hit and miss (pardon the pun)

some of the maps stink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

I agree with you Creed that it is a good game but If i had to choose between CS and tribes 2 I would have to pick CS frown.gif
    When you get a frag in T2 you think to yourself "ahh that was ok" but when u kill some1 in cs [headshot,Grenade etc.] you just get the best feeling ever biggrin.gif
    T2 is fun for flying and messing about but it would not be my main meal and they still have to fix many problems which they even stated they will

[This message has been edited by [-Morpheus-] (edited 15-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yankinlk:
    just got my copy today...a patch already i hear? will she run on a 533 celeron, geforce, 256mb memeory?</font>

A patch? A ****ING PATCH?!?

There's about a 50/50 chance it'll reliably work on you're PC.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭KILLER.BEE

JUST ONE WE NEED PEOPLE TO PLAY IT SO WHERE IS ALL THE .ie CLAN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rev Hellfire:
    You have no idea of the world of pain u are about to enter.</font>

Allow me to enlighten him
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2001/20010618l.gif
    cool.gif

Advertisement