Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greenday

Options
  • 16-08-2004 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

just over a week away..sweeet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Is it to support/promote a new album? I heard something about a new single...?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

new album is due out soon i think it's october

they have a new single (don't know if it's in shops yet) but it's on scuzz (sky digital 471) it's called american idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CKY

plazzTT wrote:
    Is it to support/promote a new album? I heard something about a new single...?

there new single is playin alot on 2fm.american idiot also da name of the new album...

its typical greenday da single

and dont bands usually tour 2 promote?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Ticket.........need ticket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i was on holiday when they went on sale. i came back to sold out signs :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

green day - 2 words

american idiot is decent - its pure green day, you couldnt mistake it for any other band

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It's unmistakable, I like it. It's just a cool punk song. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I like the new single. It reminds me of Green Day on Insomniac, which is my fave Green Day album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

begbie wrote:
    I like the new single. It reminds me of Green Day on Insomniac, which is my fave Green Day album.

Yeah, I thought the exact same thing. Insomniac was their best easily I think.

ahhhhhhhhh.....like less than 80 hours r summat 2 greenday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

whats everyones favourite greenday song mine are basket case and time of your life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

i never really liked it but im warming round to longview, "i bite my lip anc close my eyes take me away to paradise", i also like welcome to paradise, nice guys finish last and fasion victim. its hard to pick a favourite like, i like all their stuff :D i dont think american idiot is there best single, its all a bit political for me but meh meabye others feel different.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

i have to say i was absolutley blown away by greenday tonight, their energy is astounding and the crowd was electric. I liked the ambassidor venue because it is intimate, so intimate i got soaked by billy joes water pistol :D, however it size is a problem for all those who sought tickets. All in all i thought it was an excellent concert, especially the covers. The best song for me had to be when i come around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Best Album is Kerplunk Easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

weemcd wrote:
    i got soaked by billy joes water pistol :D,

me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Damn, would have loved to go see them but I didnt even know they were playing until the other week (bah). American Idiot rocks, typical Green Day track. Their best song has to be Brain Stew, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

bombidol wrote:
    Kerplunk or 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours. And they played songs from them! I expected "2000 Light Years Away" and "Knowledge" alright, but "Only Of You" and "Christy Road"... best surprise ever! Though you could just see half the crowd leave the pit for those songs. That's why they don't play them regularly. It's ****. Still, brilliant gig though. Can't wait 'til they return...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

bombidol wrote:

I think I might have to agree

dat was ****in exclelnt concert...however id a bad nite due 2 personal reasons,but when greenday were on twas great but i wa sback a bit from da crowd..

excellent venue..cud easy fit twice as many people n there tho however insurnace prolyl wudnt allow it

da heat in there was also unreal

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Have to admit, I don't know much from before Dookie, but it's always nice to see the more obscure material make an appearance.
    Thought alot of the crowd were absolute ****e and security, as is usual for the ambassador, were absolute idiots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement