Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Safes

Options
  • 16-08-2004 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Could someone please tell me any good models of gun safes, including their capacity and a rough price.

Thanks,
    Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Brattonsound are about the best of the BS standard gun cabinets.
    If you want something a biut heavier, Infac safes are great value for what you get, but you might be looking a lot of work to install it.

The smallest single shotgun cabinet will run you around EUR100. Say about EUR300 for a 3/4 gun safe, then about EUR1000 for some of the fancy ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

i have a brattensound 2/3 gun cabinet. easy to install and very well made. i would not get any smaller than the 2/3 model, as even with just two shotguns space is a bit tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I have a Warmflow 4-gun cabinet myself. Again, well made and easy enough to install. Not quite a full gun safe as such, but more than sufficent to the job to be honest. Cost around IRP130ish when I got it, if I remember correctly.

150568.jpg

One thing to note is that calling it a four-gun safe is rather optimistic if you use ISSF firearms or other largish rifles. I can fit my air rifle and my smallbore rifle in here with just enough space left to take maybe a sporter rifle as well. But no way would it take four rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I priced one today for 195 euro, it'll take 4 guns which is more than I have, and I can fit ammunition in too. It bolts onto the wall, (I can fit it myself).
    It looks nice and solid, and it's a reputable shop - Murray's on Patrick St in Cork.

Does this sound reasonable to people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Sparks wrote:
    I have a Warmflow 4-gun cabinet myself. Again, well made and easy enough to install. Not quite a full gun safe as such, but more than sufficent to the job to be honest. Cost around IRP130ish when I got it, if I remember correctly.

150568.jpg

One thing to note is that calling it a four-gun safe is rather optimistic if you use ISSF firearms or other largish rifles. I can fit my air rifle and my smallbore rifle in here with just enough space left to take maybe a sporter rifle as well. But no way would it take four rifles.

I priced that safe today for 165E, not a bad price too I might add. Although it is a bit small, and as you said calling it a 4 gun safe is optomistic at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Pretty much deRanged, E150-250 is about your price range for that size of safe or cabinet, though if it's more than E200, I'd expect a seperate internal, lockable container for ammo (mine just has a small shelf for the ammo). Though personally, I'd prefer to have a seperate lockbox for ammo, and use the internal container for the bolt, but I don't have that much ammo at the moment - after batchtesting though, I'd have ten thousand rounds, so I'd want a seperate lockbox. (And I know having three seperate lockboxes for gun, bolt and ammo sounds a bit much, but I'm a bit of a worrywort. Hell, I even have triggerlocks on my rifles in the safe :) ).

6, that's not a bad price at all. It is technically a four-gun safe, but as I said, you're talking more about light hunting rifles which are about two-thirds to a half the size of an ISSF target rifle:

Number%208%20-%20From%20left.jpg
    Anschutz 1913 ISSF target rifle

Sporter%20-%20Magazine%20In.jpg
    Anschutz sporter rifle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The edges on my gun safe are very sharp in places, its a Warmflow 4 gun, does anybody know where I might get some plastic edge strip to slip over the offending edges ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Duct tape is as good as any other.

Warmflow safes had issues all along. They are an Irish company that principally makes heating boilers. They saw a business opportunity and rushed a safe into production, but the quality wasn't as good as some other brands, examples of this are the way the locks are mounted and the way the door rim is folded/welded. The locks were also of atrocious quality, many times simply refusing to work, on one occasion I had to cannibalise several safes to make 2 working units I could sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

That's a good idea. I tried yellow, for visibility, insulating tape but it wasn't thick enough. BTW I'm going to try and see the Super re my licence dilemma. Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

Warmflow 4 Gun cabinet, €210.

Warmflow 2 Gun cabinet, €170.

In the local hardware store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

Bought Brattonsonud 4/5 gun deep(For scoped rifle) for €220 about 4 months ago.PM for dealer (North Co. Dublin)

Advertisement