Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Training session tonight

Options
  • 19-06-2001 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

First off, let me apologise if anyone thought i hijacked it smile.gif I just thought some real training would be usefull, it i think it was.

What did everyone else who attended think?
    My thoughts :
    1.The Defense defintly did better second time round. Even tho we capped out, I dont think we owned the D base at any stage. With a few more sessions i think the capping will be much slower.

2.Offense was a tad unco-ordinated second time round, a bit without a plan. we could work on that probably.

3. We should probably stick to non vehicle maps for the next time too, depending on numbers.

4. I suck at HO in t2 smile.gif

Id be willing to run another one of these sessions on Thursday at 9 if anyone wants, as long as Luc is there to be the dutiful admin (or he could always give me SAD wink.gif )

Dusty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Defence did a great job considering u can cap in the same amount of time it takes to repair a gen & a turret

need to work on weapon loadouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Yeah I learned a lot well 3 fold

1> I'm not very good at capping
    2> I should stick to defence (easy I know but, my defence is getting good)
    3> I'm building up the defence for a few maps, so far I have, Tombstone, Kabatic, Sanctuary and Reversion. That list is getting longer biggrin.gif

I was wondering how I could show my defence to peeps outside the game confused.gif

(Insert quote here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Even though I was a bit sluggish tonight but I was thinkin of using 2 peeps to set up defence and wurk together.
    Its hard to be a one man defence frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

It is essential that the team farmer(s) set the rest of the defense straight about what turrets go where.
    At the start of the map, 2 members of the d could farm (one doing spikes, the other clamps) with the second farmer reverting to D once the main net is set up.
    For turret setups, theres no easy way of showing people untill they put in a demo facility. Maybe take a screen shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Well I must say it was good to get a number of the regular ie players on one place at the same time.
    MY own personal pov was that the d was heavly out gunned, I know the teams were numerically fair. But heres what I mean. In setting up the d, the off capper can cross the map in under 20 sec (or there about, I've dont it many time) from the start. A coordinated def is hard (not impossible) to achieve in this time. I know we need more practice and a location map for turrets and sensors which will come in time.
    Which reminds me is there ever going to be a demo record function.
    Any way I better sign off. But thanks to all for turning up last night. It was a good start and if we keep it up, who knows. Thanks to all defense, thoses offensive pukes better learn to respect our base in future. smile.gif
    Mixie,,,, We're watching you, you speed freak.
    Klamor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i was;nt quite with it at practice last night. but i think i will stick to what i normally did in T1 HD + Farmer. i should be there on thursday providing i dont get a call out ( an call for one week ).

ps: do you guys go into the in game boards chat room or do you have a mirc chat channel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I learnt that cappers like to jet away with the flag and that missiles move alot faster then cappers smile.gif

Yeah t'was a good game, D needed some better places for turrets, but with a bit of trial and error something can be sorted out.

I should be able to get to the game on thursday, see you all then smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Where is everyone tonite? The IOL server is empty and my buddy list wont open frown.gif

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Sorry cant make it tonight lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Do we have a server admin for tonight?

• Advertisement
Advertisement