Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which fone to buy?

Options
  • 16-08-2004 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

hi,
    i need to get a new fone and i'm pretty uch deciding between the nokia's 3200 & 6100 as i need a triband fone with colour screen and they are within a good price range.
    i know the 3200 has an fm radio and a camera but it has weird buttons and is a tiny bit heavier than the 6100.
    would anyone recomend one of hese ahead of the other?

i also noticed that carphone warehouse have a good deal on with the sony ericsson T630 with a bluetooth headset, but i don't really like straying away from nokia's. anyone used the T630 & liked/disliked it?

cheers
    ¬hacksaw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Stay away from the 6100. I had one for a day but had to bring it back. The earpiece volume was way too low. Even at max, it was hard to conduct a call unless there was absolutely no noise from your surroundings. The ringtones also sounded a bit pathetic on it.

It has Infra-red, but will only allow you to send and receive ringtones and pictures etc, via Nokia PC suite. I tried sending things to it from my T610 but to no avail. Whats the point in having IR on a phone if you can't receive things from other phones. It will however send business cards via IR, but I think that's it. All in all, I was very dissapointed with the 6100, which is a shame because it had a very nice look and feel to it.

That left a bad taste in my mouth (can you tell? :) ), and I think I'll be staying with Sony Ericsson for the time being, unless Nokia come up with something really special.

Get the T630.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Sagem MY V55
    see it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

thanks neev, but i'm not sure if i trust sagem
    no offence to them, but i've never seen one in action so i'm not sure how reliable they are.

can anyone else recommend this or tell me if they would recommend the sony eriksson T630?

cheeers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I really like the T630 except for the fact that the screen scratches really easily. Its really got a lot of nice features (notes, appointments etc).
    You might want to get a screen overlay for it.

It's a really nice phone though, I think I'll be staying with SE from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

ok, thanks,
    so you would rate the features and menu's as good as if not better than a nokia?
    where can i get a screen overlay? i'm assuming its just a clear plastic or jelly like cover than goes over the screen? is it cheap?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

ok, thanks,
    where can i get a screen overlay?

hi, check out this thread

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

but i'm not sure if i trust sagem
    no offence to them, but i've never seen one in action so i'm not sure how reliable they are.
    I am looking to get a new phone and I see some reasonable priced Sagem ones on the Vodafone site, but like HacksawEddie I have never seen one in action.
    What are they like, how reliable are they etc etc.

I always have had Nokia phone except once when I went for a Sony for something different, after a few months I hated myself for doing so, so I went back to Nokia.

Now if I went to Sagem would I regret it after a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I changed from a Nokia 6100 to Sony T610 for about 2 weeks but hated it.. aside from the terrible signal problems with it (apparently a well known problem with them) and the lockups, I hated the interface and the joystick was way too finiky to use for comfort.

Went back to my old old 6310i after that...best phone Nokia ever brought out I think (why oh why didn't they just update it with all the current features rather than bring out wave after wave of stupid lookin doesnt-even-look-like-a-mobile phones? :confused: ), but if I get my new 6230 sorted (see other thread :)) I'll be happy.

That said tho a mate of mine has had a T630 for ages and loves it - but he's just gone back to Nokia too (6230 as well)

Advertisement