Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellblazer?

Options
  • 17-08-2004 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Ok I probably should know this but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Where did the title "Hellblazer" come from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Err..

MarVeL wrote:
    Ok I probably should know this but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Where did the title "Hellblazer" come from?

From http://www.tabula-rasa.info/AusComics/Hellblazers.html
    a 'meaningless title' as Delano says, coined by DC after Clive Barker beat them to the more obvious choice

The obvious choice being Hellraiser

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

What Err said - I was recently reading the Vertigo Secret files issue about Hellblazer and apparently they got stuck with Hellblazer because Barker released Hellraiser shortly before the comic's original launch date, and hellblazer is the best they could come up with in the time available.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Cool thanks for that

Advertisement