Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6230, Vodafone and Price

Options
  • 17-08-2004 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

I know this topic has been around a bit recently but here's something I can't find:

The cost of a 6230 on bill-customer upgrade...even roughly.

I've read about the Wap 2.0 problems but some of you have said it was available (supposidly) in shops, even though you weren't able to walk away with one, etc. Maybe the cost on 02 would be a guideline. Even a prediction would be nice. :D

(I'm on budget here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I will predict a price of 249 considering the 6600 is 279..

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

About the 250 mark sounds right.

As far as I'm aware they aren't available in shops yet, unless you go simfree.

I got an 02 one and am using it on my vodafone phone. Can't receive mms though, cos vodafone are saying they haven't authorised the phone and won't enable me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The 6600 is E149 on a vodafone upgrade, so id say it will be about E199, when it comes out,Which ive been told will be around the 27th of this month. Mate works for 20/20 (Vodafones phone supplier) and they are awaiting packing.

Sean

They are probably still working on their "lets make the interface excessively red and ugly firmware".

Seriously, it was bad on my v525, but it just looks silly on the t610 I have. Thankfully I'm not relying on either as my main phone. Going to do the v525>v600 flash soon just to get rid of the gammy looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

I gave carphone warehouse a call yesterday and he said it would be the 26th when it was coming out. He didnt say how much it would cost. I would imagine it would be something like 229 or there abouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Concerning the Vodafone software, I think Nokia Dont allow Vodafone to alter the menu's apart from a Right soft key, that links to Vodafone live? Which can be changed anyway, Oh and the annoying Red start up screen, which can also be changed?

Sean

Concerning the Vodafone software, I think Nokia Dont allow Vodafone to alter the menu's apart from a Right soft key, that links to Vodafone live? Which can be changed anyway, Oh and the annoying Red start up screen, which can also be changed?

Sean

They do now.. Considering their market share has dropped by 5% in the last year and they see that stance as part of the reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

The guy in Grafton Street Vodafone today was excessivly helpful, unwilling to give me an off-the-cuff price-prediction, release date or offer any reason why it was delayed.

So I promptly walked across to the O2 store and it was in and around 200 depending on what package your on/signing-up to.

I wonder is it worth the wait. I've a 6310i (I love that range) but Nokia tell me there's no replacement coming out and therefore NO decent battery-life on any new phone.

You gotta the love the mobile-industry. :D

Bri wrote:
    I wonder is it worth the wait. I've a 6310i (I love that range) but Nokia tell me there's no replacement coming out and therefore NO decent battery-life on any new phone.

You gotta the love the mobile-industry. :D

Yeah the 6310i is still one of my personal fav's. Only comes in second to the 7650..

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

lads i have used the 6230 and i think that it is the usual Nokia crap the camera is rubbish no flash and the screen is nothing great. i sold mine and got a Sharp GX-30 and it is a milion times better

• Advertisement

Its like mac vs pc.... the look is cooler than the sharp bricks and the software is just so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

TCP/IP wrote:
    lads i have used the 6230 and i think that it is the usual Nokia crap the camera is rubbish no flash and the screen is nothing great. i sold mine and got a Sharp GX-30 and it is a milion times better
    Personally, I quite like the 6230. It's got a radio, E-Mail, MP3 player, MMC slot, camera (albeit only 640x480, but still good for the size of the phone) and video recording functionality. Nice weight and feel to it while also looking quite stylish. It's all just a matter of opinion, but then I suppose if you are willing to compromise for a clamshell with flash & a better screen, the GX-30 is the one to go for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

I'm still wondering why there's no business-aimed phone with ever-lasting battery - as with the old 62/6310 series. WHY???

Surely there's a market for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I've noticed that the battery life isn't as good as the 6210 or 6310.

Can someone tell me, (because Nokia certainly can't), what is the max MMC card you can use with the phone. I'm fairly sure you can use a 256mb card but would a 512mb card work does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

It does take a 512mb card. Some cards cause it problems e.g. a certain 512mb card might show up as far less memory on the phone. This is what I have read on some of the forums on expansys. You should check first what card to get before you buy, although some of the online shops will take it back if it dosnt work in your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I bought a 512 card for it from komplett, it works fine except that it doesn't show up as 512, it says 80.2 as the size with 79.9 remaining, so I've probably got 420meg plus of mp3s and other junk on it. The 4.28 firmware might fix the problem, it doesn't bother me tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Thanks lads. Going to try to buy a mmc card off eBay now. I'll soon see if it works on my phone! :D

Advertisement