Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what makes a good looking dude :E

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

That's the guy from Newlyweds, no?

He lookes so cheesy in that photo! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

a bit too much make-up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

simu wrote:
    That's the guy from Newlyweds, no?

He lookes so cheesy in that photo! :-)

Speaking as a stright bloke, JT and Nick are mens men.. Mostly fellas would begrudge someone else with the same luck with women as they do, but you can't help respecting that ****..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

melty blue eyes
    smile that lights up my eyes
    me likes the stubble surrounding that smile too.
    but mostly a guy who is comfortable with himself that he exudes a presence which just makes you feel comfortable too.
    Dont really care what he is wearing, usually don't notice till afterwards and then it becomes obvious that he is not expressing himself through his clothes, other than they are clean (shirt and jeans) and he smells good.
    i just love the smell of a clean man (the lynx effect)

think thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Speaking as a stright bloke, JT and Nick are mens men.. Mostly fellas would begrudge someone else with the same luck with women as they do, but you can't help respecting that ****..

men's men my arse, they are girlymen !
    this is a man's man :

Tom-Crean-01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

parasite wrote:
    men's men my arse, they are girlymen !
    this is a man's man :

He's only a man's man if he is taking those puppies to the water tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Nick from 98 degrees looks too muscley in that picture. Now this is what makes a good looking guy!

C.Murray3.jpg

He's relaxed, dresses casual, and smiles! Just my opinion though :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MissS

colin_farrell_front.jpg

yes we ARE taking tall, dark and handsome and irish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Is that a dig at anyone in particular?

no, why on earth would it be..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Those last 3 guys (no, not the one with the dogs) are all well tanned blokes with extremely well groomed hair. Especially colin, how many products does he use in his hair??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

JoeyD wrote:
    Those last 3 guys (no, not the one with the dogs) are all well tanned blokes with extremely well groomed hair. Especially colin, how many products does he use in his hair??

And that's what makes them soo hot ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

just like B said as you get older looks matter less.
    pity we cant do some ageing on all these pics and see the future.
    personality will be there forever
    give me a mature woman every day that looks at you and not at your clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ruby_s wrote:
    it means be yourself, but for god-sakes don't let her know you can bite your own toe-nails or you won a silver medal in the community games when you were eleven. keep those parts of yourself til you've got her to sleep with you at least.

boys smell :P

I dont, when boys smell its bad - but when girls smell bad its super bad. Get me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

hey, i think that eyes are really important. you can tell alot about a guy from his eyes. personally johnny depp doesn't do it for me. humour is a good way to swoo any gal.

Appearence is a strange thing. You know how a beautiful girl can seem less and less good looking and attractive if they are mean and stuck up, and how an ordinary looking person, whom you would not give maybe more than one glance at in the street, can seem like the most beautiful person in the world, someone who makes you really feel something inside, once you get to know them.

I like people who are intelligent. Not in the way that they think they know everything but the WAY they think, how they treat people, approach situations and general character traits that your average superficial person who goes through life using how they look, and using others by how they look, wouldn't have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Appearence is a strange thing. You know how a beautiful girl can seem less and less good looking and attractive if they are mean and stuck up, and how an ordinary looking person, whom you would not give maybe more than one glance at in the street, can seem like the most beautiful person in the world, someone who makes you really feel something inside, once you get to know them.

I like people who are intelligent. Not in the way that they think they know everything but the WAY they think, how they treat people, approach situations and general character traits that your average superficial person who goes through life using how they look, and using others by how they look, wouldn't have.
    I agree - beauty is who the person IS, not how they look...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭damntheman

glen quinn from "Roseanne"... love him and also brad pitt's character in snatch.

damntheman wrote:
    glen quinn from "Roseanne"... love him and also brad pitt's character in snatch.
    Sorry to tell you this but Glen Quinn died a few years ago - he was also in the TV series Angel, he was my neighbour and friend when I was a very young child (i don't remember him), but my parents said that he was a lovely child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

golden gal wrote:
    hey, i think that eyes are really important. you can tell alot about a guy from his eyes

like what ?? I dont get it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Cher says it's all in the kiss.

• Advertisement

CathyMoran wrote:
    Sorry to tell you this but Glen Quinn died a few years ago.

yeah, i think it was a drug overdose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Moi, i would go for the Freddie Prinze Jr type, but what are the odds of that ever happenin?? 0/0. Looks to me sometimes dont really make a difference. Its the personality i'm after! ;) I'd hate to get stuck with a guy who was unbelievably good looking, but is a complete ashole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

beanie hats, wtf?? i hate beanie hats
    hah, that made me laugh.
    u know whats really annoying.. girls that make their boyfriend wear matching outfits -esp with pink shirts. ehh.. kinda strange.

so anyway, im gonna have a bit to say... so try to deal with me
    seems like with girls, shes either pretty, hot, or just not. something like that.. but what would i know?

with guys it seems like theres just more types that different girls find attractive

theres the: (just picking these top of my head)
    strong built guy -vin diesel
    thin guy -keanu reeves
    pretty boy -orlando bloom, brad pitt
    bad boy -colin farrel
    tough guy -russel crowe
    sweet cute guy -billy boyd
    heafty type -jack black, (see, hes funny, and when hes not making a crazy face he can look sweet)
    musican type -chris martin (coldplay's lead singer)
    simply normal looking, laid back -matthew broderick, dave matthews (had to fit him in and plus he sings and writes great lyrics.. plays guitar too.. and well, ya can't beat that!)

could go on, but nah.. looking at this list id say what these guys have in common is that they all have a nice smile.. thats huge, i think with anybody. that and that u can laugh at urself. i don't know many people who like overly confident, arrogant people. laid-back, a bit shy and quite -well, thats for me. and since im typing.. as long as he doesn't smell funny, i don't care what his clothes are like-really, don't care for guys with nice clothes, eps if those clothes are nicer than mine, then thats creepy. hair -on some guys its nice really short (then it feels nice to rub) others longer -kinda like a messy 'just out of bed' poofyness, thats cute. and if u can play an instrument, esp guitar.. im sold. and more importantly, same taste in music. (but u know, not all girls dig a guy who can play a guitar.. just learned my good friend couldn't care less -to each their own)

eh, but who cares bout my personal tastes.

so yea.. thats bout it. ~beth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Thats quite a sweet quote when you read it slowly. You should write a book on romance or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Hmmm..
    I have to say I think most irish women (ok there are nice ones out there as well) seem to be in a fantasy world looking for colin farrell look alikes and lad's who just want to go out on the piss.
    I think most women will be unpleasently suprised one day when they realise that they may have to settle with guys who are not great looking, do not earn mega bucks and cannot buy them all the things under the sun!
    Oh.. god forbid the guy may actually have more of a personality than some random pretty boy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Superman wrote:
    Hmmm..
    I have to say I think most irish women (ok there are nice ones out there as well) seem to be in a fantasy world looking for colin farrell look alikes and lad's who just want to go out on the piss.
    I think most women will be unpleasently suprised one day when they realise that they may have to settle with guys who are not great looking, do not earn mega bucks and cannot buy them all the things under the sun!
    Oh.. god forbid the guy may actually have more of a personality than some random pretty boy.

If you think this doesn't work both ways, you're deluding yourself.

oh, I agree, it is definitely both ways!
    I think in gereal most people are turning into "ibiza uncovered" style people and general just "up for the laf!" or wanting to go and get locked on "Lager"
    I can imagine them now outside fireworks "HAAAAVVE IT LARGE!!!"

However I do think that guys (the ones I know) are a bit more tollereant about clothes and stylings than a women would, and a girl wouldn't really have to be some sort of model or all slappered up.

Another hot looking guy: Orlando bloom

Pp0953OrlandoBloom-Blue_F.jpg

Someone who is a sweetheart but not afraid to stand up to anyone. Not too proud. Someone who can make me laugh. Not the model type guys, but the cute type.

Someone that there is chemistry with - but you can't tell that until you hold their hand...I would screen on several factors above this (kindness, intelligence, honesty) but if I could have it all...

• Advertisement

I think a guys eyes and smile are very important,(especially the smile)
    and also personality + looks..... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Tbh, This is the only guy I could ever love... ME :D
    moi.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Superman wrote:
    oh, I agree, it is definitely both ways!
    I think in gereal most people are turning into "ibiza uncovered" style people and general just "up for the laf!" or wanting to go and get locked on "Lager"
    I can imagine them now outside fireworks "HAAAAVVE IT LARGE!!!"

I agree, it's horrible. People seem to think that the Sky One Lifestyle actually works outside of those horrible holiday resorts they're always going on about.
    However I do think that guys (the ones I know) are a bit more tollereant about clothes and stylings than a women would, and a girl wouldn't really have to be some sort of model or all slappered up.

Sounds to me like perhaps the guys you know are mixing with the wrong sort of women, or at least with women who have differing opinions on this topic (which is bound to cause some sort of problems).

Fysh wrote:
    I agree, it's horrible. People seem to think that the Sky One Lifestyle actually works outside of those horrible holiday resorts they're always going on about.
    Yes! at last someone who actually see's my viewpoint.
    Fysh wrote:
    Sounds to me like perhaps the guys you know are mixing with the wrong sort of women.
    you don't know the half of it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 valentino

I think everyone should post up a pic of themselves
    so we can boost their ego even further if their hot and
    ridicule them if they're not. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MissS

valentino wrote:

How about taking a visit to www.hotornot.com :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pink Bunny

I don't think clothes and hair style really matter. Most people are good looking in their own way once you get to know them. I don't like to dress up and bother with make-up much and so I tend to find men that are unassuming more attractive than a "pretty boy" who is more concerned with himself than me.
    Looks fade, money can be lost, but a person's character usually stays the same all their life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Tall, broad shoulders, dark hair, clean shaven and blue eyes mmmmmmmmmmm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

valentino wrote:

there's already a thread about that in after hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

seamus wrote:

Women haven't a clue what they want.

Really and i suppose men have it all figured out then

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Of course we do. Post up a picture of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

tallish, longish hair, baggy pants, hoody, and a piercing. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i dont know
    im ugly
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

Rockerette wrote:
    johnny depp does it for em
    by god.

for me a "dude" is my kinda guy.
    in terms of likin real good mucis (IMO), and dressing, well, like a "dude", having hell funny personalities,a nd being a real cool guy
    what i think are hot:
    long hair (colour doesnt matter...). grow the hair. just do it....
    nice t-shirts or retro lookin shirts (hell yeah :D)
    cords/jeans
    hhmm - maybe a hat (beanies are always good...)
    shoes...? something that catches my eye (converse?)

apart from that, i dont care about his teeth..
    or eyes.. or much else really

these are just what i like
    and every gal is different

i think you can tell more about a guy from his clothes/way of coming accross than his natural physical features, as these are more the things he influences, and i think it helps to have some kind of idea of what the guy is like

but yeah, just my opinion

Almost every guy who hangs around the central bank fits your description, except...for maybe the coolness thing. ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭miss_gonzo

intelligence and confidence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

taller than me (which isnt hard) dark hair, dark eyes, pale skin, dark clothes.

like this guy-utter perfection

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:

keep him away!!!!

i like a guy who knows what he is doing.....and well that is infact a hot girl...wearing black.

i have no idea what men are attractive,just go by girls...but they have such different views! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Nightwish wrote:

Uh NO! My friend loves Ville! I gave her a poster of him as a present one time and I thought he just looked like a girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

oldposts.jpg

there have been more recent threads like this.. LEAVE MY THREAD ALONE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

I like guys that look after their bodies and work out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement