Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change in course

Options
  • 17-08-2004 4:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Would it be possible to change courses after you've applied for one? Is it just a matter of having enough points for it?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

via the cao?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

no I don't think you can change course choices anymore on CAO agent smith. But if I got accepted into a course and accepted it, but want a different course not on my choice list, is it just simply a matter of applying through the college and having enough points? I'm confused :confused:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I dont think so, altho i may be wrong, i think the cao was designed so that would end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Demeant0r wrote:
    Would it be possible to change courses after you've applied for one? Is it just a matter of having enough points for it?

Not through the CAO - unless you're willing to take the year off and re-apply next year. You'd have to do it through the colleges - easier to transfer to a different course in the same college (provided you have enough points, of course) I think - but I don't know if they'd accept everyone who wants to change courses; the whole point of doing it via the CAO is that they fill up their places that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

As Claire said it wouod be easier to change if you want a course in the same college. I know a few people who started in College and they changed to a different course. They had to make a case to the collge in why they should change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

If there is a vacant place, you can apply for it provided you have the required points.
    i.e. you apply to course x but then want course y. and someone else gets offered course y, but they dont accept then you can apply through the vacant place application screen on cao.ie.

Advertisement