Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New subscriber

• 17-08-2004 4:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

I can't seem to find any info on subscriptions - I have paid my subscription via PayPal and was wondering what's the craic on Journal/E-mail etc?

When I click on New Journal it tells me I am not authorised. When I go to mail.boards.ie, I can't log in (tried various permutations of my username with boards.ie password).

Any docs lying around? Or can somebody let me know what I need to do?

Thanks,

TD.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Right now isn't a good time for anyone to be paying a subscription unfortunately, we're all over the place since the upgrade.

The journal thing sounds like a bug, which I shall look into.

Your e-mail hasn't been set up since we haven't made the necessary modifications. I can set you up manually though, PM me with the username you want, I'm guessing you won't want a space in your name so tomdunne or tom.dunne would suit you better ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ah, I see. I thought the whole PayPal thing was sorted.

It's no panic really, I thought I was doing something wrong. I can wait, there's no rush.

Could you check you actually received my payment, I'll send the details in PM.

Thanks,

TD.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Paypal is sorted (I recall seeing your payment the other day for example), and it automatically put you in the subscriber group, so it's working from that point of view. The problems are around the permissions and capabilities that users have. Things are either broken or access to them is sketchy (with the exception of existing e-mail accounts).

Setting up an e-mail account for you takes 5 seconds, so drop me a PM with the details you want if you like.

Advertisement