Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quickest way to do full test?

Options
  • 17-08-2004 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if there are any tips to speed up getting my full test. I haven't applied yet but feel pretty confident so would like to do it asap.
    If travelling a few miles meant I get it a few months quicker so be it. Suggestions please:)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ring them up twice a week begging to get a quicker test. Worked for a guy I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

If your working at the moment, get a letter from your company saying that you need a car for the purpose of your employment and that should speed things up...i.e apply for a cancellation. Worked for me...only waited 3 weeks at a time when the waitin lis was 6+ months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

It seems that a letter from your employer is the only sure fire way to get a date quicker. I did my test in Naas where the waitning list is over 60 weeks, but, with a letter, I got the test in about three months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

There must be a long waiting list for cancellations at this stage if you still had to wait 3 months.

IIRC one of the shortest waiting list in the country is Athlone at around [strike]4 months[/strike] 5 months. I think Naas is one of the worst waiting lists.

Edit - Athlone seems to be up to 5 months. Take a look here:
    http://www.drivingtest.ie/drivingtest/HTMLContent/frameset.html

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Quickest way to get a full licence; learn a foreign language (French, German, Spanish, Italian), get a job in that country, move home. Apply for your driving test, do it within a week and then think about moving back :o </only half joking>

Seriously though having seen the 66 weeks wait in Naas (IIRC) is taking the p!$$. The cancellation route seems to be the way to go. Make sure you've done a few lessons beforehand. Don't want to waste your time and energy in getting a quick test and then failing. _I_ wouldn't entertain a second letter from your boss for a test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If you're getting a letter from your employer make sure that you put on it that you'll be willing to accept a slot at short notice as they're the ones you'll most likely get quickest.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

Do a test in the UK or in the six counties. Should take about a month waiting. Bear in mind that the test there is a bit longer and more thorough, so you may not pass as easily as you would with our excuse of a licence.

Advertisement