Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tow Bar

Options
  • 17-08-2004 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Im looking to get a tow bar fitted to my car, im looking to see if anyone knows of a good place thats a bit cheap? Im living on the N.side so closer would be better.
    Does insurance go up if you get a tow bar, and if so can you buy a removable one?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

jay567 wrote:
    Hey all,
    Im looking to get a tow bar fitted to my car, im looking to see if anyone knows of a good place thats a bit cheap? Im living on the N.side so closer would be better.
    Does insurance go up if you get a tow bar, and if so can you buy a removable one?

Thanks!!

I'm livin out in the sticks but I can get ya a price on one and I'll put it on for you reasonably enough if ya want!! what car ya got?? not sure exactly what the insurance requirments are but I've a removable one and the socket is hidden up behind the bumper (my own idea) so pm or post details and I'll get back to ya!!

that's if you're interested!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

Its a BMW 318i, '00. When u say out in the sticks how far out of dub. If u can give me a price that would be great.

Thanks"!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

in kildare!!
    will get onto it and let ya know later or tomorrow!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

on a BMW :confused:
    Get a detachable one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

kbannon wrote:
    on a BMW :confused:
    Get a detachable one!
    Any chance you know how much that would cost including fitting?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Towfit did mine yesterday, €310 incl vat and wiring only took 1.5 hours total and the best thing they come to you. I personally wouldn't get a removable one, best parking aid yet ;)

Advertisement